Avon Walk for Breast Cancer

I'm doing it in DC this coming May!!! It's a 40 mile walk and it's not for the faint of heart! Lots of hills! I tried it before I got pregnant want my daughter and only made it 22 miles, then I had to go home because I killed myself :laugh:

This year, I'd like to do the entire thing.

I have to raise 1800 bucks to do it. If you'd like to donate to me, go here:

http://info.avonfoundation.org/site/TR/Walk2009/WashingtonDC?px=4411722&pg=personal&fr_id=1760

Thanks everybody!!!!

PS - this is an amazing event - see if there's one near you and DO IT!!! It's really well supported and motivational and all of the money raised goes toward research and getting treatment for women who couldn't otherwise afford it.

Replies

• I'm doing it in DC this coming May!!! It's a 40 mile walk and it's not for the faint of heart! Lots of hills! I tried it before I got pregnant want my daughter and only made it 22 miles, then I had to go home because I killed myself :laugh:

This year, I'd like to do the entire thing.

I have to raise 1800 bucks to do it. If you'd like to donate to me, go here:

http://info.avonfoundation.org/site/TR/Walk2009/WashingtonDC?px=4411722&pg=personal&fr_id=1760

Thanks everybody!!!!

PS - this is an amazing event - see if there's one near you and DO IT!!! It's really well supported and motivational and all of the money raised goes toward research and getting treatment for women who couldn't otherwise afford it.
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    I haven't done any walks for charity letely, but as for avon, my sister sells it and I buy the items with the "pink pin" notifier, either for gifts or my self. That was I know the money for those items go to the charity.

Good for you......
  • Wow! That's dedication!

GOOD LUCK!
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    I am wanting to do the 3 day walk but I will have to wait until next year and do it in Atlanta. Im just not ready to do 60 miles right now. I wish you lots of luck on it. I will have to see what I can give for it. My mother passed away from Breast cancer almost 2 years ago so it is close to my heart.

Connie
  • psyknife
    psyknife Posts: 487 Member
    Best wishes! I did it in Chicago last year and it was a marvelous experience. Be sure to train really good... and get good shoes and good socks (and always carry spare pairs with you)... but, of course, the folders and stuff they give you have all of those tips for walking.