Broke down and tried PB in my Oatmeal...

Options
2»

Replies

• Leannek74
    Leannek74 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Tried it this morning... even better than I thought!!!!! And I already liked oatmeal!!!
  • SraArroz
    SraArroz Posts: 238
    Options
    sounds yummy! Will have to try that soon. ;-)
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    What were you waiting for???? I use chocolate protein powder in mine as well. Chocolate, PB, and oatmeal??? YUM!!
  • ready4change
    ready4change Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I may try this...
  • katya143
    katya143 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I put PB and smuckers sugar free preserves in my oatmeal! I call it my pb and j oatmeal :)
  • megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I use the cinnamon, almond breeze and dried tart cherries. Will add the PB today, should be fantastic.
  • eating4balance
    eating4balance Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    So... I tried it, and I didn't totally hate it!

My main beef was that it wasn't very sweet, but that was partly because I didn't add any sweetener, just vanilla protein powder...lol.
  • frostiegurl
    frostiegurl Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I have peanut flour from Trader Joe's. Going to try it tomorrow in my hot cereal and see how it turns out. Should be interesting, if nothing else.
  • jleshko
    jleshko Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Wow this sounds outstanding...
  • hansenh1
    hansenh1 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I use a tbs of peanut butter and add some banana slices to it. DELICIOUS :)
  • Elijah0630
    Options
    Next time add a little bit of honey and cranberries or any other dried fruit like dried cherries.....yuuuuuuuuuuuummmm

:love:
  • BuckeyeLuvvvva
    BuckeyeLuvvvva Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Yummmm, I'm going to try this tomorrow morning! I have some chocolate PB2 so we will see! Thanks for the tip!
  • ciaobella47
    ciaobella47 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried it with steel cut oats? Was it good?
  • csw5048
    csw5048 Posts: 26
    Options
    Bob's Red barn Scottish Oats + 1 Tbsp Nutella is good stuff.
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I can't believe so many people have never tried this haha. This is my breakfast basically every day. I mix oatmeal with cinnamon, dried fruit and chia seeds and cook it. Then I put chopped nuts, MORE cinnamon (haha), maple syrup or agave, and a spoon of peanut butter on top. Yummmm. It's delicious :)
  • mamawildbear
    mamawildbear Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Tried it? I'd never even heard of putting PB in oatmeal until reading this post. Sounds strange but I might just have to give it a go. I do love my peanut butter.
  • losing4myself
    Options
    OOH!! I have a problem with oatmeal, lol. Maybe I will try adding in some Nutella tomorrow and see how that tastes!!
  • jconnon
    jconnon Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I usually make up a batch of quaker oatmeal in the crock-pot (the only way my wife will eat it) I add apples and cinnamon sometimes as well. I make it up on Sunday then put it all in containers and put them in the fridge.Then when I am leaving for work in the morning during the week I add a tablespoon or two of peanut butter and sometimes a little honey. When I get to work I microwave it for a minute and a half.
    Its real good.