Reebok toning clothes?

Options
Has anyone tried to new Reebok clothes? I got the Sketcher shapeups months ago and LOVE them, and now I have been thinking about getting the Reebok toning clothes but they are so expensive. Any thoughts?

2422753.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Replies

• formytwins
    formytwins Posts: 106
    Options
    I saw them and that is about it...LOL. I did not want to pay close to 100.00 for the pants..ha ha.
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    I sell Avon, and while we dont sell Reebok, we have the same stuff but the Curves Brand. I have a 'mid-aged' client who SWEARS by the products. She says she prefers to buy them from me because Avon has a better price than stores.

How much does Reebox run for some of there stuff? I can at least help you gage if its a fair price.
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    I posted a topic on this too. everyone thought that they were pretty much going to be a scam. But I have been wondering the same thing. I want to hear from people who have actually tried them!
  • SeasideOasis
    Options
    I saw them and that is about it...LOL. I did not want to pay close to 100.00 for the pants..ha ha.

Wow, 100 for pants!?!?!?!?! Curves has them for like 29.99. At least in my catalog >.<
  • Quitestorm412
    Quitestorm412 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I live in Pittsburgh Pa and the news tried them on the segment "does it really work". People who have tried them said they did work but I am not paying that much just for pants.
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I posted a topic on this too. everyone thought that they were pretty much going to be a scam. But I have been wondering the same thing. I want to hear from people who have actually tried them!

I think it's a scam. Essentially they are just clothing with strategically placed tight spots. I would bet all of us have worn too tight clothing in the past and got very little benefit from it. Sounds more like a fitness wear version of control top pantyhose.
  • SeasideOasis
    Options
    I asked my client, and she said it works for her. She has the style of pants that go from just under your chest to your knee. She said she saw more definition, and faster, with the product that without it. She judged using the same routine, for the same period of time. Dont know if that helps.

I was looking to get some myself, actually.
  • froggytank3
    froggytank3 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I was wondering about them cause I had my second c-setion 8 months ago and was told to try something like Spanx or a sweatbelt because it helps pull the muscles down and in when your working out. For me so far it seems to be working because I lost just over 4 inches off my waist in a month and half, but I was wondering if the shirts would work better.

I cheapest pants I have seen where $80 and the shirts were $ 55!!

2422753.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • Ral263
    Ral263 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Waste of your money.....there has been a few scientific studies since the shoes/ pants came out that shows they have no additional "power' in toning your body. I remember that the study with the shoes showed that there was zero change in muscle or muscle fiber activation with the shoes in comparison to other shoes (and they could actually mess up the alignment of your posture since they are more or less a kind of "heel" that's unnatural).
  • formytwins
    formytwins Posts: 106
    Options
    That is how much they are at D**** Sporting Goods. I do have some yoga pants that make your butt look better from Old Navy and they do work!!!