New Challenge - 1st of the month!

Options

Replies

• Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,300 Member
    Options
    WTG working out all the stats princess!
    Yesterday I did Banish fat boost metabolism after I got home from work. Usually by the time I get in I don't want to think about exercise, but as I signed on to this challenge I let Jillian kick my butt! This morning I diid 30DS L3, and I'm hoping I'll find an hour this evening to do my biginners yoga dvd. I dont expect it burn many calories, but I love feeling stretched and relaxed after it.

My work out schedule varies from week to week, but generally:

Monday - rest day
    Tuesday - swin in my lunch hour (didn't go yesterday as the lady who comes with me was ill)
    Wed - BFBM
    Thurs - 30 day shred, either 1 or 2 rounds depending on time
    Friday- Rest day
    Saturday - No more trouble zones
    Sun - 2 levels of shred or BFBM

And I get yoga in a few nights a week too, on the eveninings when hubby is in work.
  • mrsfloisand
    mrsfloisand Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Samantha, I am currently getting back on the workout wagon after having a herniated disc and then the loss of my amazing brother. For almost a year before all of this I was fully dedicated to working morning and most nights. My typical workouts are Turbo Fire, Turbo Jam, Chalean Extreme, and P90X. I have completed a round of P90X and Chalean Extreme and was in the process of doing Turbo Fire when I got injured. So for now I mix and match whatever I feel like. Typical schedule:

Monday- Cardio & Abs (my day off so I sometimes do am and pm workouts)
    Tuesday- Strength Training, usually legs (12 hr work day)
    Wednesday- Cardio & Abs (12 hr work day)
    Thursday- Strength Training, upper body (arms, shoulders, back, chest, etc.)
    Friday- Cardio & Abs
    Saturday- Longer Cardio or some type of strengthening (since I have more time on my hands)
    Sunday- Rest Day (at least I try to make it a rest day)

I'm working hard to get my eating back to where it was before, its a work in progress.
  • rascal21
    rascal21 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Okay, here goes:

My name is Stacy and here is my workout schedule

Monday - Step Aerobics - 1 hour
    Tuesday - Stationary Bike or Elliptical - 30-45 minutes & 30 minutes of lifting
    Wednesday - Step Aerobics - 1 hour
    Thursday -Stationary Bike or Elliptical - 30-45 minutes & 30 minutes of lifting
    Friday - Step Aerobics - 1 hour
    Weekends - Whatever I can fit in, I have 2 teenagers so we are constantly running

My biggest issues are all the eating I am supposed to do...My old habits were really bad, and i am now on to seriously healthy eating, but I find it difficult to get in enough calories during the day, esp on the step days, to make up for the exercise I am doing.

I am ALWAYS under my calories now, it's just a matter of how much. I do sometimes have issues with the carbs and the fat, but nothing that is too out there. My food diary is open to anyone who wants to have a look.

My final goal is to be around 150-160 by June...here's hoping!!!
  • lucysmommy
    lucysmommy Posts: 460
    Options
    hia

Monday - curves - 30 mins
    Tuesday - ZUMBA!!!!- 1 hour
    Wednesday - curves - 30 mins
    Thursday - ZUMBA!!!!! - 1 hour
    Friday - Curves - 30 mins
    Weekends: Rest days

i eating is good mostly had a couple of slips but i get back on it straight away

yesterday i ate a KFC but i went to zumba last night and tried to burn most of it off so i didnt feel too bad

x
  • calcote05
    calcote05 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I notice that when I exercise my eating is MUCH better, but on rest days I am WAY over on calories! This is my typical week..
    Sunday - walk 2 miles (I live on a road that goes uphill, so 1 mile is mostly up, and 1 mile is mostly down) and yoga
    Monday - walk 2 miles and sometimes Slim in 6
    Tuesday - run 3 miles
    Wed - Slim in 6 walk 2 miles
    Thursday - run 3 miles or Slim in 6
    Friday - walk 2 miles and yoga (sometimes Friday is my off day)
    Saturday - long run day (5 or more miles - each week we increase by a mile)

I usually don't have a completely off day...sometimes my off day is a yoga day or a walk day. I can't rest, although I know I need to.
  • crazymel
    crazymel Posts: 24
    Options
    Wow, all you guys do some much exercise!!!! Zumba seems the most popular by far :)

I do Dance every Thursday for about an hour (it varies)
    and I try and fit in at least 1 bike or other dance session another time in the week, but its difficult with being so tired from school.
    This month will change that though!!!!!!!!!!
    Monday, I did an aerobics DVD which has had a lasting effects on my calves and arms!
  • AGSawatzky
    Options
    I would love to join a challenge if it isn't too late. I weighed in on Monday and am starting at 159.4 and would like to have a 5 lbs weight loss for April, that puts me at a 155 lbs goal.

My current challenge is getting my eating on track.

I do bootcamp 3 days a week with an average of 400 calorie burn. Add in running around with the kids and all this damn snow shovelling, I get my fair share of exercise.

I have done challenges in the past and enjoy the support you get from a group.
  • janiscurry
    janiscurry Posts: 109
    Options
    Thanks Pink_Princess for putting all the stats together. My tough time is on the weekends. During the week, I have my routine at work - breakfast, morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack and about 50 oz. of water. Once I get home, I work out, eat dinner and drink another 16 oz. of water. The weekends are so varied that it is sometimes hard to get get my meals in or at least the right things.

I try to work out every weekday evening, as long as I don't have something planned. My theory is that I will work out every day, if possible, but it always ends up that something comes up one or two of the days. I usually walk on the treadmill for 20 minutes and then do abs and lower body exercises. I am shaped like a pear and the upper body always slims down first.

Good luck to everyone!!!
  • jconnon
    jconnon Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Is it to late to jump in?
    If not, CW 202 GW 192 10lb's to lose.
    Thanks
  • calmmomw3minimeez
    calmmomw3minimeez Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! Hope day 2 is going okay. Thanks Pink_Princess for the challenge. I hope that I can do this. This is my second challenge and I surprised myself with it so I intend to really put in work this month. I am SO into this!!..I don't really have a specific workout plan so to say and I work out at home but I make sure that I do plenty of cardio and some strength training. I use exercise tv for my workouts and I've only planned up for tomorrow. I'll post the rest of the week once I'm totally sure about which workouts I'll do, but here's what I've done so far:
    March 1, 2011 - Leslie Sansone - Start Walking 2 Mile Walk - 30 min.
    - Amy Dixon - Cardio Kickboxing - 20 min.
    -Stephanie Vitorino - Bikini Body Ready - cardio+sculpt - 20 min.

March 2, 2011 - Leslie Sansone - Start Walking 1 Mile Walk - 20 min
    -Cindy Whitmarsh - Less is More Cardio(calisthenics?) - 30 min.(killed me!)

I actually plan to do a little more this evening, but I'm trying to wait until I can go and invest in a heart rate monitor.....I WILL be logging in more later, and my diary is open to friends now....catch y'all later!!!!!:smokin: :smokin: :smokin:
  • xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx
    xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Hey guys that wanna join now - thats great - the more the merrier I say!! lets get supporting each other!!!

Has n e 1 got a motivation quote they would like to share with us??

thanks to everyone who has replied to my questions! Its made an interesting read - does ne one have any comments from what they have read??

has something inspired you today??

Ive had a great day - I got my curves smart card today *does happy dance* My eating at work today was good, I have then come home to taco's (not so good) but im still under on cals woop woop!!!

Come on guys keep chatting, keep motivating and keep inspiring each other

Jeananne

xxx
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    I will post my weekly exercise routine also, although it does change every 30 or so days because of the program I'm on.

M: Turbo Fire (TF) longer cardio
    T: TF HIIT workout, TF strength workout, ab workout
    W: TF longer cardio
    Th: TF HIIT workout, TF strength workout, ab workout
    F: TF longer cardio
    Sa: HIIT workout, TF strength workout, ab workout
    Su: rest
  • reander
    reander Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Thanks Jeananne for putting all those stats up. It's nice to see it like that, and be able to see what everyone else is wanting to lose as well.

You all seem to be busy with the exercising, that's really great. Keep it up everyone. I'm under my calories today, which is great. The past few days i've been ravenous, but today i've got my normal appetite back, hope it stays that way.
  • calmmomw3minimeez
    calmmomw3minimeez Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Don't worry Pink_Princess....I could not put down the chalupas today, but I'm still at least 400 under my calorie goal so I'll try to play it safe this time!:glasses: :glasses:
  • mygirl15
    mygirl15 Posts: 16
    Options
    starting weight 264
    starting weight (March 1st) 254
    Goal weight (April 1st) 244
  • rascal21
    rascal21 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hey Pink Princess, you asked if anything inspired us today, and I have to say YES!!!!!! We have been doing biggest loser at work, we all pitch in $7 and the winner get s the pot at the end of 15 weeks.

Long story short, there were 15 of us in the challenge, I am currently in the lead at 8.1% lost, but.....the guy right behind me lost 4 lbs this week to my 2, so he inspired me to keep it up this morning. He is only 1 lb behind me now.........ARGH!!!!!!! I have to win! There is also a 1/2 hour massage on the line and a gift card to our shop of choice!
  • ronieslp
    ronieslp Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Veronica. I have this app on my phone and just thought I'd stop by to see the actual site. I started my own weight loss again on Monday, but know I'll do better with some more support. I had lost 125 lbs, yet gained 45 lbs since last July. I need to have this weight off. I'm going to be aggressive with exercise during these 30 days and workout 2.5+ hours a day and eating a healthy diet.
    Plus I'll be drinking a gallon of water each day. Good luck to everyone!

HW: 270
    SW: 185 (2/28/11)
    CW: 181
    GW: 145
  • DreamLittleDarling
    DreamLittleDarling Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I wanna join if its not too late!

My current weight (on my scale at home) is 156.6 (today at the doctor it was 155.6, but I won't be using that scale for this challenge lol)

and my goal for April 1st is 148.
    So that's like 8 1/2 pound weight loss for the month...
  • ronieslp
    ronieslp Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    5227567.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • startingoverca
    startingoverca Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Here is a quote I like:

We never repent of having eaten too little.
    Thomas Jefferson