100 LBS. in 1 year

Options
Just found out I have high blood pressure and that I am pre-diabetic. My goal is to lose the weight in one year. I have too much to live for.

Replies

• kabullard
    kabullard Posts: 41
    Options
    Good for you!!!! What a wonderful journery you're starting :)
  • windwaterbliss
    Options
    welcome! you can do it!
  • Nanadena
    Nanadena Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Good luck. :flowerforyou:
  • nikkinikki113
    nikkinikki113 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I've got tremendous faith in you! We'll work at it together!
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Hi there.....sounds like you are also talking about me. I'm 45 yrs old and also have the same issues. I have had problems with my weight since my early 20's. I'd lose the weight on to put it back on. I figure this now it has to become a lifestyle change for me. I want to lose it and keep it off:) I have about 30 lbs to lose. Add me if you like. Good luck on your weight loss journey:)
  • kstw
    kstw Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I agree! A healthy weight loss is about 2 lbs a week. You can do it!
  • jennifir
    jennifir Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    You are in the right place!
  • mapnerd2005
    mapnerd2005 Posts: 363
    Options
    I've been here (MFP) for 11 months and am down 111 pounds. It can be done! Way to set the goal :) The key to starting is taking the first step - just keep walking.
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    it is very possible to loose 100 lb in a year i did last year and could have done more! BUT i would put it as a smaller goal just incase you dont manage it all!
    good luck
  • AmberLiscous
    AmberLiscous Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    you can do this....friend request sent and hopefully we can encourage each other :smile:
  • newDZ
    newDZ Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    we are all cheering you on!!!!:happy: :flowerforyou: :happy: :flowerforyou: :happy: :flowerforyou:
  • Shrevejude
    Options
    I just started 2 weeks ago and I have 100 Lbs too. Looking for a friend with the same goal.
  • sherrisluzinit4good
    sherrisluzinit4good Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna take a year to lose between 50 & 60 - feel free to "friend" me! Blessings 2 you! :flowerforyou:
  • gumby101ca
    gumby101ca Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    we are all here to help you and support you, there is a ton of info on here to read and help you along the way.. work hard and youll be there before you know it . feel free to add me as a friend, would like to be there when you reach your goal !!!
  • maserati185
    maserati185 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on deciding to make a change for a healthier you!! Stay committed, educate yourself and lean on us for support. Keep going forward - and you will go far!
  • Justin741
    Justin741 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I am trying to lose 100lbs in a year as well! You can do it! If you don't have a Android Smartphone I suggest upgrading now & using the MFP app, its has made tracking so easy for me! I am only two weeks in I'll add you!
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    100lbs in 1 year is also my goal .........
  • TMLS
    TMLS Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I did it in 10 months - it can be done, and without silly starving yourself or dangerous faddy diets. Good luck with it!

But it IS a lot of hard work, just take it one week or even one day at a time. :)
  • chiliflea
    chiliflea Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I'd LOVE to lose 100lbs in a year! My aim is around 80lbs but any more is a bonus!

Friend request me if you'd like some support along the way - I've been at this for 45 days and have lost 22lbs so far x