no cravings anymore :)

Options
i gave up sweets and sugary drinks and most pre packaged food 3 weeks back. i am happy to note that i do not crave them anymore nor do i miss them.but i am still waiting for the results to show on the scale.... i definitly feel my tummy down a lil ,i really want to lose 20 lbs bad. :smile:

Replies

• Becs25
    Becs25 Posts: 79
    Options
    When you mention pre packaged food what all does that include?
  • tabitha2770
    tabitha2770 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    when you first started giving them up, did you crave the stuff at first? I've heard that once you give it up after awhile you stop craving it and don't think about it. I can't ever get past the cravings. I'd like too though!! Great job to you!!!
  • Nigel99
    Nigel99 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Congrats! It is a good start.
    I don't miss the sugar drinks/sodas at all, and have really cut back on the processed foods, too. I'm sure you will see some results if you stick with it.
  • nancymmorris
    Options
    I did the same thing 8 weeks ago. Gave up Diet soda, processed foods, fast foods, sugar, and anything white. It took about 3 weeks to really show on the scale but I was losing inches and now it is showing on the scale also. I feel so great and and do not crave any of it.
    Keep it up and you will really start seeing great results.:smile:
  • vaavamom1
    vaavamom1 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    When you mention pre packaged food what all does that include?
    when i started with myfitness pal i was eating food like frozen food but stayed in my calorie limit,i was having juices too .... now i have stopped all that and try to eat fresh food -less additives,it is the quality of food not just the calorie that counts .
  • vaavamom1
    Options
    when you first started giving them up, did you crave the stuff at first? I've heard that once you give it up after awhile you stop craving it and don't think about it. I can't ever get past the cravings. I'd like too though!! Great job to you!!!
    yes i did crave but my wanting to lose weight was more than the satisfaction from the particular food.... and i know that i cannot stop at one of something....
  • amycal
    amycal Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Yea that is a huge accomplishment! Your belly will go down. The cleaner you eat the better - whole foods are so good for you and helping your body burn off fat.

I have lost 20 pounds since Nov 1 - 8 pounds in Nov and Dec, 7 pounds in January and about 5 in February. I didn't cut back on most processed stuff until after the holidays although I had cut back on portions and a lot of sweets before the end of last year.
  • vaavamom1
    Options
    Yea that is a huge accomplishment! Your belly will go down. The cleaner you eat the better - whole foods are so good for you and helping your body burn off fat.

I have lost 20 pounds since Nov 1 - 8 pounds in Nov and Dec, 7 pounds in January and about 5 in February. I didn't cut back on most processed stuff until after the holidays although I had cut back on portions and a lot of sweets before the end of last year.
    Actually DH was saying that my arms and face look thinner now.... yeah :wink:
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    Nice! I a couple times a year drink a pop (ie on special occasions) but I have never craved any. Also, I have found that I much more love a bowl of KIX with strawberries than a candy bar! I've by no means been able to give it all up though - ice cream is a weakness of mine, though I don't crave it. I just eat too much of it if I have access to it!
  • mamayoga
    mamayoga Posts: 43
    Options
    Have you read the book The End of Overeating? It describes what the sugary/fatty/salty foods do to your brain, creating cravings and chemical dependency similar to opiates. Kinda gives you pause...scary what we do to our brains without realizing it.
  • davestephie
    Options
    So what did you replace those things with to help you through the initial cravings?!? Congrats by the way! That is HUGE!!!
  • vaavamom1
    Options
    Have you read the book The End of Overeating? It describes what the sugary/fatty/salty foods do to your brain, creating cravings and chemical dependency similar to opiates. Kinda gives you pause...scary what we do to our brains without realizing it.
    no i have not read that,gonna check if library has it !!!! sounds very interesting...
  • vaavamom1
    Options
    So what did you replace those things with to help you through the initial cravings?!? Congrats by the way! That is HUGE!!!
    did not crave much so to speak ,but when ever i felt like this was enough i take a peek at a pic of me when i was 30 lbs lighter.
    that keeps me going.....