Hello

Options
Hi, I'm Stephanie (s14bart). I'm the mother of a 22 year old son, 2 cats and a dog. I've been married for 26 years to a VERY thin man.

Somehow, over the years, I've gained 25 pounds. I don't even feel like I'm in my real body anymore. My weight has gone up and down over the years, in a pretty unhealthy way. I gained most of my weight in the last two years, since I was laid off from my job. During that time, I got very little exercise.

I'm determined to try again to lose some weight, and would appreciate the encouragement of the group. My short term goal is to lose 10 pounds, then another 10 after that, etc. I'm also going to try to make it to the gym, that I've paid for for the past year and never used (even though it is right around the corner.)

Replies

• Jawwdan
    Jawwdan Posts: 19
    Options
    Good luck! I lost 10 pounds in three weeks. But I put two back on.... :( Back to the drawing board!
  • gumby101ca
    gumby101ca Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    welcome to the site, feel free to add me as a friend if you want
  • LChristiene
    Options
    Hello Stephanie, my name is Chris. I am more overweight than 20 pounds, probably 25. But, I do go to the gym and I am getting pretty toned. I have lost 13 pounds since November. The gym is a wonderful place. I find it very hard if I miss more than 3 days. It seems I feel tired after a workout, then. But, if you keep going and try not to miss more than two days, after a week or two you will feel fantastic. A lot more energy. I work full time, 6 days a week. I have a grown son, and two daughters at home, as well as their two dogs and...well you know how that works. I am rooting for you. I am so excited because you are going to feel great. This is a super web site, and best of all it is free. I look forward to reading about you in the future. You have a lot to look forward to. I just bought myself a new pair of shorts, and they actually look good. You can do it!!!
    Chris
  • s14bart
    s14bart Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    REINTRODUCTION and QUESTION

Hello, again! I had dropped out of MFP after surpassing my weight goal and losing about 33 pounds. This past year my weight has been slowly edging up and I've gained back ten pounds which I would like very much to lose again (so I'm back in the fold.)

A lot has happened since I first introduced myself. About a year ago, we sold our Brooklyn house and moved back to our home state, OH.
    Our son moved out to CA to be with his girlfriend under not the best of circumstances. Due to this and other life events, my husband and I have been under a lot of stress, but the move to Columbus was a good thing. It's great to be back with family and old friends.

One thing I've started doing (and much to my surprise, loving) is water aerobics and water yoga.

I would like to count the water yoga in my exercise, but can find no way to do it. I've tried to see if either were listed under either cardio or strength. Yoga is listed nowhere and there's something that seems a bit like water aerobics though the burned calories count seems very low for this hour long strenuous workout.

Does anyone know how I can properly count these? I have no idea of how many calories I am burning in an hour of water yoga.

Thank you so much! It's good to be back.