Which is easier for you?

Options
Jenn728
Jenn728 Posts: 683 Member
Is it easier to say no to bad things or to limit yourself???

I find it alot easier to just say no. I don't really feel like I'm depriving myself. I have less restraint to try to control my portions and will end up feeling like I've failed when I eat or drink too much.

Just wondering what works for you.

Replies

• Tandksmommy11
    Tandksmommy11 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    It depends on what it is. I have only eaten half a Wendy's frosty because I wanted the sweetness and dairy, but I limited myself to only half. Other things, I just have to stay away because I don't have that much self control (yet).
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    WIth many things, it is best for me to just say no. Like chocolate.....I simply cannot stop with 1 or 2 bites. Pasta is really hard for me to stick to one cup. I have better self control with some things that others--for the "others" it is best for me to steer clear.
  • _Lisa_
    _Lisa_ Posts: 61
    Options
    I find it is easier to just say no..... sugar free chewing gum helps! Sometimes you just eat something cuz you want the taste and you arent actually hungry..... thats when a yummy flavored piece of gum helps
  • vroyyoung
    vroyyoung Posts: 33
    Options
    I find it easier to say no. I tend to over indulge otherwise, but if I do get a treat, I take the amount I want and throw the rest away so I can't over do.
  • Mamaheatherhg
    Options
    i agree for me it's just to say no to the yummy temptations
  • ncoggins
    ncoggins Posts: 2
    Options
    For me, it's easier to say no, because if I have just a little bit of it, I will just keep eating it. And of course little snippets here and there really end up adding up after awhile. I always say experiment to see how your body reacts to just doing a little bit, but I figure "just say no" :)
  • Maztastic
    Maztastic Posts: 43
    Options
    For me I found the best thing was to say "No" in certain circumstances. When I was working I always said no to cakes and biscuits people brought in as it was too easy to eat them without really savouring them because my mind was on my work. If I'm going to indulge myself I like to make sure I take time to enjoy what I'm eating.
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    I say no to buying a lot of bad things because I know I won't be able to at home. For actual meals, however, I limit myself to half of what I could eat and then I have a much wider selection and still feel full.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Since I just ate garlic bread pepperoni pizza... I'm not a "just say no" person. :wink:

I'd rather exercise more to work off something I really loved than have something be "off limits." I can indulge without over-indulging.
  • angiemartin78
    angiemartin78 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Mostly I say no...but if it's something I've been craving I will have a bite or two and then toss it before I eat the whole thing.