I need some motivation

So I am 1 week and 2 days into my "Lifestyle change". I feel good about how I've been doing, keeping my calories down, not eating my "bonus" calories, exercise everyday. Until today, I am sooo tired, all I want to do is sleep all day and eat junk food! I know it's all hormonal ( if you know what I mean), but how I do I get out of this feeling! HELP!!!

Replies

• Jillian
    Jillian Posts: 88
    So I am 1 week and 2 days into my "Lifestyle change". I feel good about how I've been doing, keeping my calories down, not eating my "bonus" calories, exercise everyday. Until today, I am sooo tired, all I want to do is sleep all day and eat junk food! I know it's all hormonal ( if you know what I mean), but how I do I get out of this feeling! HELP!!!
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    I feel that way a lot whether it's hormonal or not. :laugh: The best thing you can do is get in some exercise if you are physically up to it. It will help wake you up and somewhat help curb your cravings/appetite. It's very hard for women to stay on track during that time of the month. I usually allow myself to have some chocolate or ice cream during that time to help with wanting to eat junk food. Or whatever your favorite cheat food is. It's okay to splurge a little if it will keep you from going overboard. And do not step on the scale during this week. You could gain 3-5 pounds during, so wait till afterwards when the bloating has gone away.
    Just my two cents worth. Hope this helps! I know other women will have advice for you too.
    Mel
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    It is hard and will get easier. You just have to set your mind to it and make it part of your daily routine. Same time everyday helps too. Get up each morning and tell yourself that you can do it. After a good workout, you will feel energized.
    So get up and get on it. You can do it:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Jillian
    Jillian Posts: 88
    I DID IT!!! Thank you! I appreciate the help! And I do feel better! Have a great day!