NSV!

Options
I went grocery shopping this morning, while I was hungry (which could possibly have ended up terrible), and I didn't buy a single thing that was "junk food" for myself! This is a first. Usually I burn tread getting to the fruit snacks (fruit snacks are my downfall, I could eat an entire box of gushers in one sitting). Instead I bought apples, salad, fresh broccoli, etc. I think this means I am taking a great step towards eating healthier, and I'm pretty happy for myself!

Replies

• ItsOn130
    ItsOn130 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! OH... and the three pics at the end of your post are absolutely adorable!!
  • Jenn728
    Jenn728 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    WTG!!! It will get easier to pass up the not-so-good-for-you stuff!
  • isabelk
    isabelk Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody! I love this site. We all have our weak spots, and I guess I won't be talking about mine in the workplace.

I do wish I know who it was, though! No one has said anything.
  • mamabearr
    mamabearr Posts: 304
    Options
    Thanks everyone! And thank you for thinking my daughter is adorable. She's a blonde hair blue eyed beauty!
  • cnash81
    cnash81 Posts: 30
    Options
    Way to go. I stopped even buying fruit snacks a long time ago. They were always a pantry staple for us as a snack for the kids, but I think I ate them more than they did. The kids don't even seem to notice that we no longer have them and are just as happy to have a piece of fresh fruit for a snack. Again, way to go on resisting the many temptations in the grocery store and your daughter is so adorable.
  • MistyMtnMan
    MistyMtnMan Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Annie's Fruit Snacks? They are all natural and organic.

Check it:

http://www.annies.com/fruit_snacks
  • mamabearr
    Options
    I love Annies. But I didn't think of looking to see if they made fruit snacks.
  • mommashelbs
    Options
    WTG!

I've been doing this for a while and it makes eating healthier so much easier by not having that tempting stuff in the house. Because some days I'll be like, "man, I want a brownie" ....but I don't have brownies so I go for carrots instead. lol.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    I go crazy buying a cartload of veggies, peppers, fruit, whole wheat, nuts, lean meat, and reduced fat cheese. I suppose my enthusiasm for healthy alternatives is equivalent with that of junk food. Oh, and hot sauce, mustard, and horseradish are my "go to" items I always end up buying. :love:
  • MistyMtnMan
    MistyMtnMan Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I love Annies. But I didn't think of looking to see if they made fruit snacks.

Oh yeah they're awesome.
  • mamabearr
    Options
    Well my NSV was just countered with a sprained wrist. Working out will suck now.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!