Ladies, I have a bra question...

Options
2»

Replies

• susan62
    Options
    Wow Pink, thanks for that, I had no idea you could go to all those places on line like that.:laugh:
  • pinkpixies
    Options
    Wow Pink, thanks for that, I had no idea you could go to all those places on line like that.:laugh:

They have more of a selection online than in stores too. :smile:
  • cheermom11
    cheermom11 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I'm a 38DD and find that the Body by Victoria (Victoria's Secret) bras both fit and wash well. I've had a couple of them for at least three years. If you watch for their semi-annual sales, you can usually get a decent deal.

I just put them in the washer on the gentle cycle with regular detergent and then hang to dry.
  • monica5237
    Options
    I mostly buy my bras at Lane Brynat and Avenue...I shop online and do sales...they have great sales if you keep an eye out for them. :bigsmile: I'm a 48ddd...which cup size isn't that bad but band size is a bit hard to find sometimes. I rarely spend more than $20 on a bra...and I get nice ones. :happy:

Wow, you DO find deals! I was always paying $40 on average for a bra from Lane Bryant.:grumble:
    Before my reduction I was a 36DDD. Never could find that size either, but always too afraid to buy online.

PS- Could only find one kind of Woolite at SuperWalmart, but it figures they wouldn't have but the basics there.

I was a 44 ddd when I started my weight loss and now i am down to a 38dd and i was buying them at layne bryant also they have great deals and good quality i wash them in the washer and then hang dry them as with all my under things I have dropped down in size and can still find them at lane bryant and i love their bras
  • mamatjtr
    Options
    I AM A BUSTY WOMAN MYSELF 42DDD- WOW I KNOW!!. TODAY I WENT TO BUY NEW BRAS AND FOUND A VERY GOOD ONE AT LANE BRYANT IN PHILADELPHIA. LIKE MYSELF I CAN ONLY SHOP AT CERTAIN PLACES, NEVER VICTORIA SECRET FOR MY BRAS:sad: BUT TODAY I FOUND A BRA THAT NOT ONLY LIFTS TO GIVE A BETTER LOOK BUT IT TOOK THE WEIGHT OF MY BACK AND NECK WHERE I REALLY NEED IT!. IT'S A SUPPORT BRA IT HAS LITE PADDING NOT THAT WIDE OF A STRAP AND IT ALSO HELP HIDE THE LITTLE ROLLS THAT YOU MAY GET UNDER YOUR BRA BY THE SNAP PART BECAUSE IT SITS LOW AND WIDE. THEY COME IN EVERY COLOR AND THEY ARE A LITTLE ON THE HIGH SIDE OF PRICE AT $32 A POP AND THEY HAVE A ALL THE TIME SALE OF BUY ONE GET ONE HALF OFF BUT IT'S SO WORTH IT AND FOR SPENDING THAT TYPE OF MONEY ON MY BRAS I ONLY WASH AND HANG DRY THEM I SNAP THE SNAPS SO THEY WON'T GET HOOKED ON MY OTHER CLOTHES AND THE SIDES OF MY WASHER WASH THEM IN WARM WATER AND HANG THEM AROUND THE HOUSE WHERE I CAN FIND. SOMETIME MY KIDS THINK THERE LITTLE HATS LOL.....:laugh: BUT IF YOU WASH THEM LIKE THAT AND HANG DRY YOUR GOOD TO GO BUT IF YOU GOT THE TIME HAND WASH THEM SOAK THEM IN A BUCKET WITH COOL WATER VERY LITTLE SOAP AND THEN HANG DRY THEM. BEST OF LUCK!!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I ONLY WASH AND HANG DRY THEM I SNAP THE SNAPS SO THEY WON'T GET HOOKED ON MY OTHER CLOTHES AND THE SIDES OF MY WASHER WASH THEM IN WARM WATER AND HANG THEM AROUND THE HOUSE WHERE I CAN FIND. SOMETIME MY KIDS THINK THERE LITTLE HATS LOL.....:laugh:

When I was a DDD myself, I once stuck my bra cup on top of my husband's head. It fit and looked just like a helmet!!! :laugh: :sad: :laugh: :sad: :laugh: (He'd want to murderize me if he knew I told you guys that!!!)
  • monica5237
    Options
    I ONLY WASH AND HANG DRY THEM I SNAP THE SNAPS SO THEY WON'T GET HOOKED ON MY OTHER CLOTHES AND THE SIDES OF MY WASHER WASH THEM IN WARM WATER AND HANG THEM AROUND THE HOUSE WHERE I CAN FIND. SOMETIME MY KIDS THINK THERE LITTLE HATS LOL.....:laugh:

When I was a DDD myself, I once stuck my bra cup on top of my husband's head. It fit and looked just like a helmet!!! :laugh: :sad: :laugh: :sad: :laugh: (He'd want to murderize me if he knew I told you guys that!!!)

That is too funny cause i Have done that too myself :ohwell: i am not sure as to why but I did and yes it was like a bonnet that baby girls wear lol:laugh: :laugh:
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    The Question:
    How do you wash and dry your bras??

The background:
    I am busty, even after a reduction. I have a hard time finding bras and when I do, I obviously wear them until they are shapeless and worthless. I have a terrible tendency to only have one bra at a time (or at least one well-fitting bra), so it wears out quickly.

Today, I went and bought FOUR new bras. I want them to last a little while longer, and I'm worried that my horrible tendency to wash and dry them (in the washer and dryer) is aiding to their quicker demises. Also, being busty, I am starting to spill out of the cup size and I'm and I refuse to go any larger (mostly because you can't find larger on any regular store shelves), so really am worried that drying them will shrink the cotton up, contributing to the demise of my bras. (BTW, weight loss does not decrease my cup size. I wish it did, I really do, but my cup size has not changed for the lower ever.)

So tell me, how do you wash your bras? Also, if any of you have used the Bra Baby, please let me know if it's worth the $10-$15 to get one. I've been debating it for a while...

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR ANY AND ALL ADVICE!!!

It's how you wash them and also how often you wear them. The rule is to not wear the same bra two days in a row. It has an elastic "memory" and needs time to reform.

Of course, I say this as I am wearing the same bra I did yesterday. lol.
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    I used to just wash them in the regular laundry. But the ones with diamonds (well fake diamonds actually) kept losing the diamonds. I put them in a pillow case and wash them and dry them on low heat. :bigsmile: Works just fine for mine. They last a while.Hmmmmmm....not much else to say...:laugh:
  • soup78
    soup78 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I'm a 38DD and find that the Body by Victoria (Victoria's Secret) bras both fit and wash well. I've had a couple of them for at least three years. If you watch for their semi-annual sales, you can usually get a decent deal.

I just put them in the washer on the gentle cycle with regular detergent and then hang to dry.

Ditto. :wink: Love Vicki's, they do last forever.......
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    It's how you wash them and also how often you wear them. The rule is to not wear the same bra two days in a row. It has an elastic "memory" and needs time to reform.
    I know, I try try TRY not to wear them two days in a row, but invariably I fall back into only have one comfy bra and wearing it daily. (ewwww). This is why I bought 4 bras this time!

I have no comments. I saw bra and.....
    Thanks for stopping by, Max :laugh:
    I put them in a pillow case and wash them and dry them on low heat.
    Good thought!! (I couldn't find a garment bag for the wash the other day...)

Ditto. wink Love Vicki's, they do last forever.......
    You've convinced me. I'm trying Victoria's Secret this coming weekend!!
  • Quenofcrazzy
    Options
    I love Victoria Secret bras.
    ..and once you are buying the right size...they fit so much nicer :)
  • jenn10
    jenn10 Posts: 161
    Options
    Hi Have you tried at your local ross store? they have all kinds of sizes and for 8-10$ for a bra! I am just an average size but I have seen the larger ones there --

I wash mine in the washer and dryer no special cycle -- that would be why mine are only lasting a few month! but when you find them on sale and discount stores it's not so bad. I couldn't imagine paying $40 for a bra omg! I think I would wash it in the sink too!