What will you do with your Tax $$$

Options
2»

Replies

• rebecky27
    rebecky27 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Mine's almost all gone. (State return is still to come though). Caught up on some bills I was behind on. Bought a membership to the museum so I could take my kids as often as we'd like to go. Paid for kid's sports that they want to participate in. Bought some books and DVDs to help me on my journey to healthy living.

My hubby used it to buy equipment and supplies to make T-shirts to go along as another product offering with our business we are trying to build.
  • Jaedynmoon
    Jaedynmoon Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    We're redoing my daughter's room. Paint/big bed/wall stickers/cute girly room stuff :) The rest will go into savings. We're working on saving up a large chunk to pay off one of my higher interest student loans!
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Throw it in Savings.
  • milehighcritic
    Options
    Paying down debt. My refund just hit my account this morning.

If you are looking for a BR player I would suggest the LG BD 570. I had mine for a year no issues. Wireless access for Netflix great unit.
  • DJH3
    DJH3 Posts: 243
    Options
    Paying off credit and Disneyworld in Oct
  • Giovanni_P
    Giovanni_P Posts: 107
    Options
    I owe. I always owe, because I dont believe in giving someone my money so that they can make me jump through hoops to get it back.
  • beesareyellow
    beesareyellow Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Buy out my car lease..LOVE,LOVE ,LOVE, my truck. Use the rest to keep said truck gassed up:grumble:
    Why, oh why, did I have to fall in love with a gas guzzler?
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    Paying off my credit cards.
  • halejr23
    halejr23 Posts: 294
    Options
    I am thinking about upgrading/replacing my Heart Rate Monitor to a Polar FT7 so I can more accurately track calories burned. I get different numbers between this site, DailyBurn site and RunKeeper site.

Also, I might do something crazy and set aside some money for the next version of Shaun T's Insanity - The Asylum that comes out soon! I completed Insanity successfully ... wonder if I can hang with The Asylum.
  • Bonnie555
    Bonnie555 Posts: 62
    Options
    New living room furniture - yaaaa!!!
  • megan4465
    megan4465 Posts: 17
    Options
    Putting it in our savings to go towards the down payment on our first house!!
  • qtwells82
    qtwells82 Posts: 352
    Options
    I would love to get a boob job...but guess it will go to the bills

Maybe a HRM and Zumba for the Wii
  • lisamfick
    lisamfick Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    We're taking the kids to Disney World for their birthdays (4/13 & 4/15)...6 more weeks! I think I'm more excited then they are!
  • forgiven4life
    Options
    yeah I wish, I bought a cup of coffee....couldn't afford cream or sugar though :)

Amen sister! I just don't get how people get so much back. People around here are averaging $4000-6000, and I've seen higher as I work at a bank.
  • britts09
    britts09 Posts: 16
    Options
    Well, if I EVER get my money in the first place, I plan on paying part of my school loans off and using some for summer clothes. Some *kitten* has already filed a claim under my social security number. Isn't that lovely! So, I get to send an affidavit form to the IRS and wait forever for my money. I have the best luck :)
  • outersoul
    outersoul Posts: 711
    Options
    I get very little back, not enough to do anything with. I hate tax season!
  • LizzieBee17
    LizzieBee17 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Charlie Sheen and I are planning to buy.... [insert debaucherous and lascivious illegal pleasure trolling here]

:laugh:
  • BullDozier
    BullDozier Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    My wife and I didn't get each other presents last Christmas, and instead bought ourselves some new living room furniture. We did get six month interest free financing, so we'll be paying that off. The rest will go to credit cards.

We've been carrying debt for too long. Normally, when we get a refund (which is most years, sometimes big, sometimes not), we use it to treat ourselves. However, now that we can see the light at the end of the tunnel (we'll be completely debt free, other than the house, in less than 18 months), its easier to throw it at the debt and feel good about it.
  • MargieM
    MargieM Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    My daughter made a National Honor choir that will take place in Chicago in a week. We have to pay our own expenses to be there for 4 days (hotel, food, transportation, etc.) A big chunk will go towards paying for that. Can't wait though! Once in a lifetime thing for her to participate in. Wouldn't be doing it except it's in Chicago this year, so travel expenses are minimal for us. WOOT!