Hello out there

Options
Hi Everyone

My name is Jackie and I have been using MyfitnessPal for about two weeks now. I love it! So far so good with 1.5kg lost in two weeks! My biggest struggle is sticking to my daily allowance when eating out! I'm working at motivating myself to get to the gym or to introduce some more exercise as this is the only way to boost my calorie allowance! Love to hear from anyone else out there using this fab app! Good luck to you all! Jackie

Replies

• AmandaErin
    Options
    Welcome!
  • Babyblessing12
    Options
    welcome to MFP!
  • Candy1977
    Options
    Hi Jackie, us too...my sister, husband and I have been using it...and same here...I have been trying to exercise more so I can "gain" back some food! It's been 10 days now, and so far, so great...I have been right at my 1200 cal limit (hard) each day and feeling great! I don't have much to lose, but I did want to get back to where I was and feel good this Spring! Good luck on your journey! :smile:
  • tsherb
    tsherb Posts: 6
    Options
    Basically I stopped eating out. And the few times I have, I went to the restaurant's website prior to going there to plan out my order with the healthiest/ lower calorie options they offerred. I have also been known to bring my own dressing from home to use on their prepared salads. Good Luck.
  • adrian38
    adrian38 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello Jackie, same problem here, so my wife and I will eat out only on the weekends, this has helped save calories and $$$! What we try to do is create a small calorie deficit throughout the week to earn those weekend meals( and of course keep those meals within reason), overall this app has been very helpful and has motivated me to exercise more. If you cant make it to the gym just put on those gym shoes and take a nice jog around your neighborhood a short 20minutes a day will go a long way...good luck