P90X?

Options
I have heard a lot about the p90x program does anyone have any input on this?
someone who has used it?

i am looking for ways to get in shape at home and currently i only have a treadmill

Replies

• BrianJLamb
    BrianJLamb Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Do it. I have it. It is a workout. You wont be sorry. Well maybe you will for the first couple of weeks...but ultimately you wont be sorry.
  • fitnezrox
    fitnezrox Posts: 41
    Options
    It is a fantastic but very tough workout. There are different levels to it. My boyfriend does it. Just make sure to modify where needed, and no one I know can start off doing the whole thing full on right off the bat.
  • FaithandFitness
    FaithandFitness Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I have been reading up on it, I am just not sure if I am tough enough! LOL There is a sign I just saw at my gym for an instructor who is leading a P90X-type workout. Oh, and it's tomorrow, at 10:30 . . . I am wondering if I am brave enough to go!
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    Over 80 lbs lost.
    No more
    High Blood Pressure Pills
    No More Obstructive Sleep Apnea
    Noral EKG
    Running 7 minute mile for distance
    Run my 17 yr olds butt right off the basketball court.
    Best shape of my life.

Any More Questions?
  • Xave1911
    Xave1911 Posts: 5
    Options
    Over 80 lbs lost.
    No more
    High Blood Pressure Pills
    No More Obstructive Sleep Apnea
    Noral EKG
    Running 7 minute mile for distance
    Run my 17 yr olds butt right off the basketball court.
    Best shape of my life.

Any More Questions?
    ^^^^
    That's awesome.

We have it...I've used the "lean" while my husband has done classic and doubles. Its an amazing program!
  • mdoering
    mdoering Posts: 4
    Options
    it works.....like anything, you get what you put out. If you fake your way through it than you will not see results but if you push yourself hard every workout then you will see results extremely quickly. WHole body workout and yes, you will be sore..........

I love it, but I hate it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • mdoering
    mdoering Posts: 4
    Options
    it works.....like anything, you get what you put out. If you fake your way through it than you will not see results but if you push yourself hard every workout then you will see results extremely quickly. WHole body workout and yes, you will be sore..........

I love it, but I hate it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stefani74
    Stefani74 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are on week 6. We love it! We are both seeing great results from it. The first week we both thought we were going to die, but it does get easier as you go. I look forward to the workouts every night!
  • Cazador64
    Cazador64 Posts: 23
    Options
    ok well ordering it now then always like to get some feed back before i buy anything
    Thanks a lot
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I'm on week two and have already noticed gains in strength. I'm pretty sure Tony Horton is trying to kill me but you know what they say, whatever doesn't kill you will make you stronger! It's hard, hard work but it's also very rewarding (and I'm only a week in!) I'm pretty sure I won't regret doing it.
  • galelr
    galelr Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It is definetly a good investment. Along with weight loss you will become stronger and more flexible. For me the downfall was finding enough time in the day (everyday) to do the exercises. Plan on 60-90 minutes per day. I tried to do this on top of my daily cardio and found it nearly impossible to keep up with.
  • Cazador64
    Cazador64 Posts: 23
    Options
    really cool to see so many good reviews on it.
    So many products these days are nothing more then a way to get your money
    So had to make sure about this one.
  • MistyMtnMan
    MistyMtnMan Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Yeah man there's no foolin around, it really works. It's tough but it works. I am 2 months in, check out my progress pictures on my page to see my results so far.
  • njean888
    njean888 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I did it for 45 days. I didn't finish the 90 days because I got injured doing something else. I intend to start it up again because even though I didn't do the whole 90 days I saw great results with the 45 I did do.
  • Marll
    Marll Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I am going to finish the end of Week 6 this week (got really sick last week and couldn't finish my last 2 workouts, still recovering). After exercising some portion control, tracking what I'm eating here at MFP and doing P90X I'm down close to 30lbs. Those are pretty good results for 6 weeks IMO, and I'm sure that if I followed their eating plan it would have actually been more weight dropped.