Herbalife Confession...

Options
Ok. Confession time. I bought some Herbalife. I used it long ago and lost weight while on the program, but back then I didn't know how to eat right either and gained it back after I couldn't afford it anymore...bad/abusive break-up depression and stress didn't help that weight gain any either. I knew I wanted to try it again, but wanted to establish a healthy eating system before using it again. I'm hoping to use it while still eating this healthy and hopefully when I can't afford it I'll still be able to not gain what I've lost back. I need you guys to post your thoughts...good and/or bad. Am I crazy for doing this? or do you think I'm being smart about it since I know what I'm getting into?

Replies

• cmw2011
    cmw2011 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I use Herbalife, and it's the only thing that's worked for me. My suggestion would be to sign up as a distributor and you'll get those discounts. My husband and I did that and it's much more affordable. We don't really "sell" it, but people have noticed our weight loss and have bought a few things for us here & there. That income we just turned around and put toward something new!
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    THe most healthiest way is to do it the way you will do it for the rest of your life. If you don't plan to or cant use something for the rest of your life, like a diet supplement, then your best option is to not use it in the first place.

Slow and steady wins the race.
  • lisabernard
    lisabernard Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I use some herbalife products and did sign up in order to buy it cheaper. I'm not using it as a weight loss plan, but I do use it to up my protein when needed or having a shake for breakfast or lunch if I don't have time to make something else healthy. I think you are going about it with the right attitude. Good luck to you!
  • Houglum1
    Houglum1 Posts: 1
    Options
    I am using Herbalife! It has worked so well for me! Make your shakes at home/find recipes online and you can stretch out the powder if you use 1 or maybe 1.5 scoops of each powder vs. 2...I think the cost of the powder is easily saved by cutting back somewhere else during the month (not eating out, etc). To me it is totally worth it!!
  • mama_mia3
    mama_mia3 Posts: 66
    Options
    I use some herbalife products and did sign up in order to buy it cheaper. I'm not using it as a weight loss plan, but I do use it to up my protein when needed or having a shake for breakfast or lunch if I don't have time to make something else healthy. I think you are going about it with the right attitude. Good luck to you!

That's EXACTLY how I plan to use it!! I stuggle so bad with keeping my protein up to where it needs to be along with keeping sodium and carbs down. Some days I need the boost, and there's just some days I am so on the go that I don't have a full half hour to devote to meal prep and cooking...expessially since I am the only one in my household who cares to care about what they eat (long story, another post) and throwing stuff in the blender, throwing it in a to-go cup is so much better than skipping the meal all together.
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I don't think it is a bad program. I used it before and it worked back then. The only thing I avoided was the appetite suppressants. Other than that, really you are just taking vitamins and some shakes which are mostly for calorie control right?

The only thing with the vitamins that may be considered a downfall is they aren't specifically geared towards different types of people so you may not be getting something you need. Personally I don't take thier vitamins anymore, I just take a multivitamin with a b vitamin complex (stress does nasty things to my body) and some vitamin C (since I work in healthcare and tend to be around sick people often).

I can however tell you the program did work for me while I was on it. I have a family member who distributes it as well and she has done phenominal on it herself.
  • imagineaballoon
    Options
    I bought Metabolife several months back, took it for one or two days, and then thought WTF AM I DOING I KNOW BETTER THAN THIS! I was on Metabolife and/or yellow jackets for about two years back when I was 19 and 20, and while I weighed the least I've ever weighed as an adult, I was so incredibly unhealthy. Now, that is mostly due to me not knowing a single thing about nutrition and therefore eating like, once a day, usually a hamburger and fries, all while consuming diet pills and a lot of alcohol most nights (I worked at a downtown bar.) My stomach always hurt, I had barely any energy, and my mood swings were horrendous. Anyway, this time around, I thought it would be much better, give my body a weight loss boost, blah blah etc. Nope. It irritated my system from the first pill, and I also just felt like a total *kitten* for giving in to what I view as a "quick fix" solution. Obviously, I am not one to tell people what to do or not do. But you're doing a great job without that stuff -- if you want to boost your weight loss, why not try more strenuous or frequent exercise and different foods before resorting to a chemical concoction that may or may not work? It's ultimately your choice, and I fully admit I am biased about these pills, so take my words with a grain of salt. Or an Herbalife. ;-P