Curried tofu

Options
mommasamfa
mommasamfa Posts: 87 Member
I know there are tons of recipes out there for this, but I just made this last night and it was FANTASTIC.

For an individual serving I did:

1TBSP of Olive Oil
Curry powder(to your taste)
Chili powder(to your taste)
Rice Vinegar(about 1/2tbsp)
Low sodium soy sauce (I did about 1/2tbsp)
3oz of extra firm tofu cubed
2 Medium mushrooms (sliced)
1/3 c of rice ( I like brown rice)

I let the tofu and mushrooms marinate in the mixture of the spices and olive oil, rice vinegar and soy sauce for a couple hours. Then I just dumped it all with the mixture into a hot pan until the tofu pieces were a bit seared and the mushrooms were nice and soft. I then just mixed it in with the plain rice and the extra spices gets on the rice. It's delicious!!

Replies

• Trishkit
    Trishkit Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    This sounds delicious! I only wish I had some curry powder in the house ... and tofu. And mushrooms. Must make a trip to the store, soon!
  • sunsetwest
    sunsetwest Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • susioryan
    Options
    bump
  • mommasamfa
    Options
    It is well worth the trip to the grocery store! It's not too expensive to make either! Needless you can do this with any ingredients too. I sometimes like to crumble the extra firm tofu and put taco seasoning on it with some cayenne and chili powder ( I LOVE spicy foods, plus spicy foods help you lose weight faster!) and let that marinate with some olive oil and then sear it with some lettuce and tomato on a whole wheat tortilla or english muffin!
  • feefee0113
    feefee0113 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    very yummy! bump
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    sounds delish, I am putting this on my to-do list!
  • mommasamfa
    Options
    It is sooo good :) I recommend it to everyone :)