Blueberry Lemon Ricotta Muffins! :)

Options
I LOVE muffins....seriously...its a pretty epic love. However, it's rare to find a muffin that is under 400 calories. Well, I found a recipe on a blog called The Curvy Carrot for these muffins and they are 173 calories each!!!! Not too sweet and LOTs of blueberries with just a hint of lemon. These are pretty fabulous! Enjoy!

Blueberry Lemon Ricotta Muffins
Servings: 16 muffins

Ingredients

2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup ricotta cheese **I used low-fat
1/2 cup milk**I used skim
8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
2 large eggs
Zest of 2 lemons
1 cup fresh blueberries

Instructions

1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.

2. Line a muffin tin with desired paper liners, or spray with cooking spray.

3. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt, mixing well. Set aside.

4. In your standing mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix the ricotta cheese, milk, and butter at low-speed, mixing well.

5. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.

6. Add the lemon zest, mixing well.

7. On low speed, slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, until just combined.

8. By hand, gently fold the blueberries into the batter (you don’t want them to break apart from the intensity of the paddle) with a rubber spatula.

9. Evenly divide the batter between your prepared pans, and bake until golden brown on top, about 25 minutes, rotating the pans halfway through baking.

10. Let cool for 10 minutes in muffin pans before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.

Calories: 174
Fat: 8
Carbs 20
Protein: 5
Sodium: 169

Replies