need more motivation!!!

Options
Ok so here it is -- the last three days i have missed the gym - I really was just too busy and then today I was sleeping trying to catch up on all the lost sleep -- AND I OVER ATE -- by 500 yesterday and 430 today!!! But in the morning I am going to the gym and I will be spending a very long time there to compinsate for the piggy -- my thing is after the first hour on the elliptical I will need motivation to stay on it !!!!:sad: Please send me some hope for burning those extras from the last two days!!!!

Replies

• jenn10
    jenn10 Posts: 161
    Options
    Ok so here it is -- the last three days i have missed the gym - I really was just too busy and then today I was sleeping trying to catch up on all the lost sleep -- AND I OVER ATE -- by 500 yesterday and 430 today!!! But in the morning I am going to the gym and I will be spending a very long time there to compinsate for the piggy -- my thing is after the first hour on the elliptical I will need motivation to stay on it !!!!:sad: Please send me some hope for burning those extras from the last two days!!!!
  • Gina2887
    Options
    this isnt really a motivational tip, but maybe while you are on the machines at the gym, you could try listening to an audiobook. if its a good story, you'll want to keep listening!!!
  • nicolet04
    Options
    You CAN do it !!!! just picture yourself at your goal weight and how great you will feel. Good Luck!!!
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Have a great workout and take your water...keep hydrated!! :drinker: :drinker: :happy:
  • fit_amy
    Options
    I feel ya! I'm heading to the Y tomorrow to do the same! My motivation is the cable tv at the Y! It's installed on every machine, so you have your own little theater! I don't have cable at home, so that's when I watch Animal Planet!! Sometimes I want to keep working out longer than I should just so I can see what the Dog Whisperer will do next! (guilty pleasure: sometimes I even plan my workout trip to coincide with a cable show that I really like!!:embarassed: )
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    awsome tips. I really cant stay on one machine for more than 40 minutes. After that I find my workout suffers tremendously. How about Ellip and then circuit training?
  • spiralgirl71
    spiralgirl71 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I think the audio book idea is a great one!! Just make sure the person reading it is lively. I've had some that made me want to snooze.

I think that after an hour your body will have that exercise high and will be ready to keep going!

Good luck and congrats for getting back on track!
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    I dont know how you can do an hour on that machine. I can do an hour on the treadmill but not that machine. I tried it the other day for the first time ever and I think I lasted 5 minutes. That thing killed me. Maybe I just have to work up to it.

Connie
  • carak2000
    Options
    I'm actually able to read while I'm on the elliptical. Bring a long string to tie your book down if the pages won't stay flat. That keeps me occupied. Also, an hour and then some on the elliptical is a long time, so you might want to vary it up a bit. Try some time on the elliptical then maybe a bike or treadmill. Good luck!
  • jenn10
    jenn10 Posts: 161
    Options
    I dont know how you can do an hour on that machine. I can do an hour on the treadmill but not that machine. I tried it the other day for the first time ever and I think I lasted 5 minutes. That thing killed me. Maybe I just have to work up to it.

Connie

I envy you on the treadmill -- I can't walk or run on that thing without feeling like I am going to have a heart attack! It took me about a month on the elliptical to get up to an hour - After you get use to the motion it really isn't that hard.

Thank you to everyones great ideas - I will have to look into the book idea and we have the cable at my gym too but it's set on certain channels so usually I just listen to some really loud fast music.
  • Gina2887
    Options
    I'm actually able to read while I'm on the elliptical. Bring a long string to tie your book down if the pages won't stay flat. That keeps me occupied. Also, an hour and then some on the elliptical is a long time, so you might want to vary it up a bit. Try some time on the elliptical then maybe a bike or treadmill. Good luck!

I can read on the treadmill, but on the elliptical I get dizzy!! But another tip to keep your book flat is using a clipboard. Just clip the pages under and it stays great!!
  • lisabeavers
    Options
    i break up my cardio just a little bit. i find i can do more and work harder that way. I do a couple of strength training machines first, then hop on the treadclimer for 20 minutes, then go do a couple of my strength training machines, come back and do 20 more minues on the treadlimer, go do a couple more strength training machines, come back and do the final 20 on the treadclimer, then cool down and go home. It seems the time passes a lot faster when im looking at 20 minutes 3 times instead of 60 minutes once