Zig Zagging Calories...HELP!

Options
Hi, this is something I want to try but am soooo c onfused. Although the concept of changing up calories from day to day is simple, I feel lost. Ok, here are some of my problems with it. I have been on several websites today in which their calorie calculators note that I should eat at least 1700 calories a day to lose weight. Ok, why does MFP only give me 1200? Maybe that's why I am not losing. Second, there is no way on any given day (well except for maybe Friday or Saturday), that I can consume 1700 calories. Well, that's unless I can totally pig out and eat chips, ice cream and junk, but doesn' t that defeat the purpose? Third, the calories are one thing, but how do you adjust your carbs, fat, and protein from day to day?

Again, it all sounds great and sounds like it works, but it just is so confusing! Also, I do exercise at least 1 hour 4-5 days a week, so do I have to eat those calories too?

Replies

• TheNewJessieMae
    Options
    I Have an AWESOME spreadsheet I use if you want it. I can email it to you.
  • _Bro
    _Bro Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I did a review of this type of diet on my blog
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/grunt1
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    This could offer some help by giving you a very general idea of how it works.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/320970-ways-to-speed-weight-loss/
  • KDonnelly1976
    Options
    sure! Kddonnelly1976@aol.com
  • kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Second, there is no way on any given day (well except for maybe Friday or Saturday), that I can consume 1700 calories. Well, that's unless I can totally pig out and eat chips, ice cream and junk...
    I'm sorry but I had to laugh at this comment. 1700 calories is VERY easy to consume in a day. Are you eating nothing but raw veggies?

Just kidding, I get tickled by people on a weight loss site that say they aren't able to eat ____ calories. I mean, eating way too much is what brought most people to this site to begin with. It seems like such a contradiction! :noway:
  • KDonnelly1976
    Options
    Like I said, put a dozen wings in front of me, some ice cream, mcdonalds and beer.....1700 no problem!