Just when you think you're doing good.....

Options
someone has to squash it. My boyfriend and I were coming home from a party just now and a neighbor lady was sitting on the stoop of our building. As were walking in she says, "you haven't had that baby yet"? We were both like what? Then I said I'm not pregnant and she goes oh you're not, I thought he said you were?

First of all, my boyfriend doesn't talk to her outside of hi how are you, so she was obviously backpedaling because I hope she feels like a giant a**. Secondly, sounding surprised that I haven't "had the baby yet" implies that I freakin LOOK like I could be pregnant enough to have the baby any day now????

I had such a nice day and I walk around feeling so confident in my weightloss and then this nosy idiot has to crush all that. I know she is just one idiot, but I seriously feel so upset right now. Just had to vent that :noway:

Replies

• amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    someone has to squash it. My boyfriend and I were coming home from a party just now and a neighbor lady was sitting on the stoop of our building. As were walking in she says, "you haven't had that baby yet"? We were both like what? Then I said I'm not pregnant and she goes oh you're not, I thought he said you were?

First of all, my boyfriend doesn't talk to her outside of hi how are you, so she was obviously backpedaling because I hope she feels like a giant a**. Secondly, sounding surprised that I haven't "had the baby yet" implies that I freakin LOOK like I could be pregnant enough to have the baby any day now????

I had such a nice day and I walk around feeling so confident in my weightloss and then this nosy idiot has to crush all that. I know she is just one idiot, but I seriously feel so upset right now. Just had to vent that :noway:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Ok....take a breath........ a deep deep breath....................

there are idiots EVERYWHERE~~

You do NOT look pregnant. Could it have been the shirt you were wearing?

Haha...About 15 yrs ago I was in the stands at my kids pee wee football game. Tight community, always see the same people. This woman stands up on the back of the stadium seats, yells down to me at the bottom..."HEY, I cant believe your havin another kid...you already got 3!"

I almost spit my teeth out.:blushing: I thought I would pass out until the mayor, who was sitting in the center of the stands, yells to me "its ok she is DRUNK!@"

So just ignore her. You are a beautiful young lady with a hot hubby~she is probably jealous!!!
    :flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    :bigsmile: oh yeah and 19 pounds...whoo hooo:bigsmile:
  • harleydiva
    Options
    You look great!!!
    Do not listen to her
  • Livi_Loves_Pink
    Options
    You definately don't look pregnant...especially not enough to have a baby any time soon! :huh:

I agree it might have been the shirt you were wearing (I have seen even very small girls look pregnant in a shirt that is cut particularly wrong for their shape) or maybe she just needs her eyes checked! :laugh:

Congrats on 19 lbs down!! :flowerforyou:
  • jules1984
    jules1984 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Do you wear a lot of empire waisted shirts? They not only make everyone look pregnant - but were worn almost exclusively by pregnant women until the last 5 years. And 19 lbs is huge - congratulations. You can rest assured that will never happen again! :tongue:
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    ahhhh ill knock her teeth in for you LOL i think you look beautiful ... dont let someones stupid comment get you down ... your doing great!!!:flowerforyou:
  • nichols
    nichols Posts: 240
    Options
    Tell her to get the prescription on her glasses changed or get sum. U look great.:wink: dont let it bother u.
  • meg0112
    meg0112 Posts: 344
    Options
    umm I know exactly how you feel. I got called fat at a party yesterday :(
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I feel a lot better about it. My boyfriend did a very good job of consoling me and making me feel better because I was seriously a step away from crying, but I still had to come right here and post about it because I knew everyone would understand how I felt.

The shirt I had on, while not too tight is definitely a clingy shirt and while I have lost some in the waist, I still have a bit of a tummy (always have actually, even as a skinny kid I recall having a potbelly) so it probably showed off my tummy a bit more. But I wish people would understand that no matter how pregnant someone may look or seem, you should just mind your business and not say anything. I mean, I can't imagine how hard that would be on someone who say, had a miscarriage but still looked pregnant, to have people asking about when she is due. Or even for someone who is pregnant, I would guess it gets really frustrating for complete strangers to constantly ask them about their pregnancy for nine months straight.

Anyway, thanks all for your encouraging words.....I really shouldn't be bothered by what someone thinks when she is an old leathery skinned skank that walks around in a bikini at the complex pool, yuck!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Or even for someone who is pregnant, I would guess it gets really frustrating for complete strangers to constantly ask them about their pregnancy for nine months straight.

Ha, good point. When I was pregnant with each of my 3 children I had complete strangers touching my stomach!

OMG I mean, really.

So with my last baby I was a bit beachy (like a ball and not nice to people!) so I started to rub theirs back.

Oh, the look on their face when someone said "awww your having a baby" and touched my stomach, and I would reach back and rub theirs and say "awwww thank you! "

It was priceless I say, priceless!!:bigsmile:
  • p90x_Dude
    Options
    yep those snakes are lurking all around us ready to discourage! I was about 5 weeks into p90x and one of the deacons that used to go to my church asked me was I gaining weight. Now you know that's the devil because at that time I had lost ~4 llbs, but began shaping up much better.

Put them in a pile with each other and keep pressing towards your goals. You and your husband know your progress.

Be encouraged!!!