Fiber??

Options
I am looking for ways to increase the fiber in my diet. Any great ideas or recipes??? Easy ways to add fiber to a diet?

Replies

• taryncollins
    Options
    weetabix 4 breakfast
  • Naomi91
    Naomi91 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    fruits and veggies!!! :D especially berries.
    I had a cup of blackberries yesterday with 8g of fiber! Om nom nom
  • Bexster88
    Bexster88 Posts: 35
    Options
    I've been trying to up my fiber lately too. I love the fiber one bars and the cereal for breakfast and snacks because they are so quick and easy. Vegetables and whole grains have a lot of fiber too. When you go grocery shopping, remember to look at the nutrition info on the 100% whole wheat items like bread and pasta to find the ones with the most fiber in them per serving.
  • nickscutie
    nickscutie Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Well, you have a whole bunch of products that are enriched with fiber:
    Fiber One products
    Kashi Bars and other kashi products
    Clif bars and other protein/energy bars have fiber
    I am sure there are a ton of others if you search the grocery store

As far a naturally occurring fiber, this is a pretty nice list:
    http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/high-fiber-foods/NU00582

I think this is a more ideal way to get your fiber because it i natural, but i eat plenty of fiber enriched cereals and bars as well. I have also heard (but do not have this issue personally) that some of the enriched bars, etc give people gas.
  • ljbrauer
    ljbrauer Posts: 62
    Options
    I am not an avid cook, so I would recommend just buying a fiber supplement that you can dissolve in a drink or just water. They usually don't taste very bad at all (I drink something that tastes like oranges) and I think you can buy powders that have no taste at all but I haven't tried them. If you would rather get your fiber intake from foods you could try eating more fruits (dried even!) and vegetables. Beans are also a good source of fiber, and so is oatmeal. I hope this helps! :]
  • zandhmom75
    zandhmom75 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Kashi GoLean cereal has 10 g in one serving, whole grain tortillas for 7 g (I eat lots of wraps. So many different ways to make them), popcorn, nuts, berries (esp. raspberries), whole grain bread for 7 g, multigrain sandwich thins for 7 g.