Chocolate cake and canned pumpkin cupcake recipe?

Options
Readytotry
Readytotry Posts: 9 Member
I know this recipe was posted somewhere here recently, but I can'f find it! Someone had put the nutrition information and points value on too. That's what I'm looking for anyway. The points value. Anyone know where I can find this?

Replies

• Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Substitute the pumpkin for the oil and eggs... use a 15 oz can. You still add the water. Then, just put in the nutritional values from the Uncooked cake mix, plus the can of pumpkin into a recipe in my recipes.
  • StacLegg
    StacLegg Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Frosting??????? :bigsmile:
  • Readytotry
    Readytotry Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    This may be a silly question, but is the nutritional value on the side of the box figured without the added ingredients?
  • crrc78
    crrc78 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I make most of my cakes with pumpkin instead of oil. Sometimes I add 2 egg whites instead of the water because it adds a little richness. Also, sometimes a sprinkle of cinnamon adds enough extra flavor that you don't need frosting. Any way you cut it, frosting has some sort of sugar (and thus calories) in it, so just try to eat less of it. A simple confectioners sugar/skim milk glaze is great to drizzle over a cake or cupcakes.

I also use apple sauce or pumpkin in many cookies too - no one knows and things always taste great with less guilt!
  • AMaemone
    AMaemone Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the cake mix with a diet soda. Lighter and delicious. Just substitute a can of diet sode (any flavor you would like) with a cake mix. I usually add a couple of egg whites also. But no other ingredients.
  • kmparks24
    kmparks24 Posts: 198
    Options
    Bump! I have a can of pumpkin in my pantry now... and a box of cake mix. Can't wait to try this!
  • scatteredmom
    scatteredmom Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I made this a while back. I cooked it in muffin tins, made it much easier to manage portion wise. The taste? ehh... Kids liked it though.
  • KrisPage
    KrisPage Posts: 539 Member
    Options
  • KrisPage
    KrisPage Posts: 539 Member
    Options
  • Theps
    Theps Posts: 15
    Options
    Substitute the pumpkin for the oil and eggs... use a 15 oz can. You still add the water. Then, just put in the nutritional values from the Uncooked cake mix, plus the can of pumpkin into a recipe in my recipes.

Oooo sounds yummy. I must give this for a try. :smile:
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    try this instead for a higher-protein, low carb, single serving kick!

In a microwave safe mug, mix together...

1/4 cup pure canned pumpkin
    1/4 cup egg whites (equals 2 whites)
    1 Tbsp chia seed (optional)
    1 Tbsp water
    2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder

Then add it a sweetener of your choice - artificial, natural, whatever you want - I add nothing because I like the taste of unsweetened cocoa just fine but I think most people find it quite bitter.
    At this stage you can also mix in chocolate chips - 1 Tbsp of mini choc chips for 70 cals is sooo worth the treat!

Microwave on high for about 95-100 seconds. Will fluff up and make a cake like consistency. It doesn't totally substitute for the "real deal" but it's a damn good light version - and totally flourless!

Sometimes I nuke mine (without choc chips) for 60 seconds, top with 1 Tbsp of jam and 1 Tbsp PB and then finish cooking. Make for an amazing night time treat!