Water ?

Options
So I know 8 glasses is what is recommended.... how many ounces in a glass, 8? Just wanted to double check :)

Replies

• Vicky14174
    Vicky14174 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    yes, 8 oz per cup, 8 cups per day.
  • sunysum1302
    sunysum1302 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    A glass is 8oz. (:
  • deanie0515
    deanie0515 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    ok thanks gals. I have a pretty large cup here at work and was thinking how many times I fill it up and worrying about getting enough H2O but I think I'm good. Thanks again :smile:
  • Gwooh
    Gwooh Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Is bad to drink more than the 8-8oz a day?
  • shaweetie
    shaweetie Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Is bad to drink more than the 8-8oz a day?

I was wondering the same thing...as i drink a TON of water each day!
  • ooonicole
    ooonicole Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    how much is 8oz in milileters ? i drink a litre of water in work every day is that enough, probably not sounds too easy!
  • Gwooh
    Gwooh Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I found this on the Mayo Clinic Site:

Replacement approach. The average urine output for adults is about 1.5 liters (6.3 cups) a day. You lose close to an additional liter (about 4 cups) of water a day through breathing, sweating and bowel movements. Food usually accounts for 20 percent of your total fluid intake, so if you consume 2 liters of water or other beverages a day (a little more than 8 cups) along with your normal diet, you will typically replace your lost fluids.

Eight 8-ounce glasses of water a day. Another approach to water intake is the "8 x 8 rule" — drink eight 8-ounce glasses of water a day (about 1.9 liters). The rule could also be stated, "Drink eight 8-ounce glasses of fluid a day," as all fluids count toward the daily total. Although the approach really isn't supported by scientific evidence, many people use this easy-to-remember rule as a guideline for how much water and other fluids to drink.

Dietary recommendations. The Institute of Medicine advises that men consume roughly 3 liters (about 13 cups) of total beverages a day and women consume 2.2 liters (about 9 cups) of total beverages a day.

Even apart from the above approaches, if you drink enough fluid so that you rarely feel thirsty and produce 1.5 liters (6.3 cups) or more of colorless or slightly yellow urine a day, your fluid intake is probably adequate. If you're concerned about your fluid intake, check with your doctor or a registered dietitian. He or she can help you determine the amount of water that's best for you.
  • wmubuffettfan
    wmubuffettfan Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    how much is 8oz in milileters ? i drink a litre of water in work every day is that enough, probably not sounds too easy!

8 oz is 0.2 liters, so to get your 8 glasses a day you need to be closer to 2 liters (1.9 to be exact)
  • ooonicole
    ooonicole Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    oh ok thanks for that i will get a 2 litre bottle for work tomorrow!!!:(