figuring out calorie content in recipes

Options
lreiland
lreiland Posts: 24 Member
I am new to MFP and I am wondering if there is an easy way to figure out how many calories are in an entire recipe if it's not listed on the recipe. The only thing I know to do is enter in each and every ingredient separately but it gets confusing especially when I make a dish that serves 4-6 people. Do I just enter in each ingredient and divide it all by the number of servings there are to figure out how many calories I consumed in one serving?? Please help!!!

Replies

• jenbusick
    jenbusick Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I am new to MFP and I am wondering if there is an easy way to figure out how many calories are in an entire recipe if it's not listed on the recipe. The only thing I know to do is enter in each and every ingredient separately but it gets confusing especially when I make a dish that serves 4-6 people. Do I just enter in each ingredient and divide it all by the number of servings there are to figure out how many calories I consumed in one serving?? Please help!!!

There's a box where you can put in the number of servings. It does the division for you. What it doesn't do is give you a place to put the serving SIZE -- I just do that in the recipe title - "Homemade chili, 1 1/4 cup"
  • carrieberrie
    carrieberrie Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Go to the food tab, then to recipes, then to add new recipe and you can add the ingredients there to deterimine the calories
  • Vicky14174
    Vicky14174 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    go to food then go to recipes and add new recipe and it will calculate it for you., very user friendly.
  • LauriinSB
    LauriinSB Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    When you enter all the ingridients for a recipe it also asks you how many servings there are in the recipe. It will then figure out how many calories per serving for you
  • Caper88
    Caper88 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Click on the "Food" tab then under there you will see a "Recipe" tab. You put all the individual items into the list and then put in how many servings the recipe is for. It will break down the calorie, carbs etc for the whole recipe and then the serving. You can name the recipe and save it for future use.
  • lreiland
    lreiland Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!