Looking for new shoes

Options
I belong to a gym and love taking classes there. I'm starting to be a regular at BodyCombat, BodyPump, and RPM. Last time I went to BodyCombat, my old shoes really did not feel comfortable. I think because they are running shoes that were never comfy for running either. I'm looking to buy toning shoes (Reebok Easytone, New Balance, etc.), but I'm not sure which will be best for exercise classes and walking. I want something that will give me that extra kick in the butt!

Any suggestions?

Replies

• Vicky14174
    Vicky14174 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Dr. scholls makes a good toning that is way less expensive and I think are more comfortable then the Reebok's or sketchers.
  • merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I love my runtones. I wouldn't recommend the easy tones for activities where you're going to be moving quickly or changing directions alot--I'd go with the runtones or traintones for that.
  • rskidmore
    rskidmore Posts: 212
    Options
    I love my Reebok Easytones. They are particularily good when walking or when you're on your feet for a long time (really comfortable), however I don't know how well they would function in a class. I've always been afraid of wearing them in a class (even though I desperately need new gym shoes!) for fear of breaking my ankle. They have some serious balance balls on the bottom, so be careful!
  • jillbarnes
    Options
    I just purchased some Saucony's. The last two pair of New Balance I've had wear out in the heel (minimal padding?) and ended up giving me terrible blisters. The Saucony's have a lot more padding in the heel; my heel NEVER moves in the shoe now. I'd definitely recommend asking for advice from someone working in a shoe department of a sporting good's store. Check to see if the store has a return policy if you don't like the shoe, I've heard this exists but am not sure from which company.
  • LeksiK
    LeksiK Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! It probably is a good idea to go talk to someone at the shoe/sporting goods store...I shall do that this weekend and keep you posted! :happy: ...besides a little shopping wouldn't hurt
  • katyygirll
    Options
    i just got reebok's running shoe called stability. they have amazing arch support and are the pink ribbon addition =]