Mono

Options
So I found out why I have no energy and just wanna sleep...turns out that I am anemic and I have mono to boot!!! I have been to the doctor 4 times since Feb 1st and they just figure this out today!!!:explode: So my question is to those who have had this how long before I can work out...this is really putting a kink in my whole weight loss thing??

Thanks

Replies

• ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Trust me, it won't put much of a kink in anything. You won't feel like eating much. You absolutely HAVE to listen to your doctor and not work out until he clears you. Depending on how the illness runs its course and how well you take care of yourself and get the rest you need, it could be a month, or it could be a few months. If you need to sleep, sleep! If you're not hungry, don't force it. Make sure to drink plenty of fluids so you dont' get dehydrated.

Feel better soon!
  • Booper83
    Booper83 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I googled this for you. Try eating these and see if you feel better. And then, workout too. It won't hurt to workout, just don't push yourself too hard.
    Your doctor may recommend a diet filled with iron-rich foods and a multivitamin with iron if you're mildly anemic. The foods with the highest iron content are:

Meat, especially beef and liver
    Poultry — chicken livers are packed with iron
    Fish and shellfish, especially oysters
    Leafy greens, like kale, spinach, and broccoli
    Beans and peas
    Iron-enriched breads, pastas, and cereals

http://www.everydayhealth.com/anemia/iron-treatments-for-anemia.aspx?xid=G_&s_kwcid=TC|21761|anemia%20diet||S|b|7169614512&gclid=CMak17n8sKcCFUnt7Qod2A7tnA
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I googled this for you. Try eating these and see if you feel better. And then, workout too. It won't hurt to workout, just don't push yourself too hard.

It WILL hurt to work out since she has mono.
  • iambayd
    iambayd Posts: 235
    Options
    I had mono a few years ago and it lasted for about two or three weeks. I just slept all the time and didn't feel like doing anything at all. Just take it easy until you feel better.