HELP! Snacks and meals at work - don't know what to bring an

Options
Hey everyone,

I have a slight problem at the moment...
I work at an office from 8am till 5pm and I always bring my own food to work with me.
So far I have had normal healthy sandwiches, fresh carrot sticks, cucumber and red bell pepper, crisp bread, fruits (banana, kiwi, grapes etc.), joghurt and even cereal with milk. But I am getting bored and I need your help. I dont know what I should take to work with me anymore.
Everything I listed above just really bores me, but nothing else thats healthy and low-cal makes me want to take it to work with me either.

I appreciate anything you suggest, because I am at a loss right now.

Replies

• dore0021
    dore0021 Posts: 137
    Options
    I bring a wrap with me for breakfast. A whole wheat weight waters or body wise wrap. I put a tbsp of crunchy peanut butter and 1/4 of a banana. SOOO delicous. I look forward to breakfast every day! 210 cals.
  • GlutenFreeWench
    Options
    I do cottage cheese, pb2 and apples/bananas, crackers and cheese, salsa and baked chips, oatmeal, I bring veggie burgers that I've pre baked and microwave. Leftovers are my other favorite thing to bring.
  • ShelleyBowman
    ShelleyBowman Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Try:
    Apples & Peanut butter to dip
    Celery & Cream Cheese (Low Fat)
    Nuts: Almonds, cashews, peanuts, etc
    Cheese-Stix
    Or Chunks of Low Fat favorite cheeses... Sharp, etc
    Green Olives (Great w/cheese)
    Sliced tomatoes with salt, pepper and a dab of light mayo
    Crystal Light Popsicles (delicious!)
    Just mind your portions!
  • ChelDM
    ChelDM Posts: 145
    Options
    Ha....my desk is full of healthy snacks....popcorn, trail mix, fruit bites, breakfast bars...Every decaf tea I can think of...What do you enjoy?
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,022 Member
    Options
    soup is always a good choice, or some chicken breast left over from dinner and some veggies, salad, or a wrap sandwich I use a flour tortilla with low fat cream cheese, sliced turkey, red bellpepper, olives, basil leaves, peppercinis, spinach or hummus and crackers with fruit. I hope this helps
  • Diem30
    Diem30 Posts: 92
    Options
    Strawberry halves and light cool whip are a great snack for work. Pickles are filling and low in calories one of my favorite lunches is a cheese and pickle wrap on a whole wheat wrap (Because the pickles and wrap are low in calories you can splurge on the cheese) If you like chips and salsa I like to take (again) a whole wheat wrap brush it with a very little amount of olive oil (or you can use an egg if you'll be doing more at a time) place on a baking pan until crispy and treat yourself to some salsa which is very low cal aswell.
  • taraprance
    Options
    Hi - I keep an "emergency jar of low fat peanut butter and weight watchers of bodywise ww bread" at my school for those days when I rush out the door in the morning without packing a healthy lunch. In five years I have not once had the fries from the school cafeteria b/c i always have a healthy choice on hand. Almonds hummus and veggies, instant oatmeal and raisons, , vanilla yogurt and blueberries are also great for at work (just remember the toothbrush for after the blueberries or you'll have blue teeth all day):wink:
  • cniven
    cniven Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Another great snack is Slivered Almonds with Dried Cranberries. It gives you a tiny bit of sugar and also the healthy fats you can burn in almonds as well as your carbs for energy!!

When I lost my weight last year this was one of my main snack foods everyday and it works wonders!! :D
  • pandafoo
    pandafoo Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    i have a desk job too and these snacks/meals are my favorites:

-trader joe's dark chocolate almonds
    -sweet potato chips
    -veggie straws
    -trader joe's organic blueberry instant oatmeal
    -peeled apple slices with lemon juice - refreshing taste!
    -laughing cow cheese wedge with triscuits

usually i bring leftovers for lunch that require a knife/fork, but i plan to make a lot more finger-friendly foods, such as vietnamese spring rolls with shrimp, sushi hand rolls with tuna or salmon, and wraps. i also enjoy making an asian-style salad with chicken breast.
  • brity77
    brity77 Posts: 38
    Options
    Bump!
  • marianne_s
    marianne_s Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    If I want something sweet, I usually have 2 large caramel snack a jacks, or

2 plain rice cakes/crispbread bakes with a mini phladephhia light (tub)
  • angela828
    angela828 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I sit at a desk too and I usually bring my breakfast.. varies daily but I like oranges, bananas, rice cakes w a wedge of laughing cow cheese, fiber bars...

for lunch, I'll make a salad or bring one of those campbell soups at hand...I stick to the 70 cal ones or the ones that say less sodium.. with pretzels, 90 cal chewy bars, cheese sticks...
  • EmmaEVille
    Options
    THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

thank you guys for all the great ideas!
    I will try a lot of those snacks. Thank god I have to get some groceries tomorrow! =D
  • EmmaEVille
    Options
    Ha....my desk is full of healthy snacks....popcorn, trail mix, fruit bites, breakfast bars...Every decaf tea I can think of...What do you enjoy?

I am the kind with one hell of a sweat tooth, but I also enjoy salty food too ^^
    however i am not big of a fan of mushrooms, asparagus and fresh tomatoes