Ladies!!!

Options
Hey girls! I just had a quick question. When it is "that time of the month" do you guys still exercise? What do you do? Because I know it can be very uncomfortable at times! It is for me anyways!

Replies

• Pandabug93
    Pandabug93 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I definitely do, it relieves my back pain and I'm guessing it alleviates the pain from cramps too. I just do my normal routine, just because it is my TOM doesn't mean I let it interfere with anything I do. I do a little bit more cardio when it is that TOM though.
  • anna441
    anna441 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I don't work out the first 2 days as my cramps are unbearable...By the third day I do work out and try to watch my calorie intake too...
  • ebonybliss
    Options
    I still exercise. Google your question b/c according to research you burn more calories when it's that time and you boost your metabolism way more. For me I feel so much better after exercising. The cramps seem to loosen up and my mood elevates
  • ChefJenn
    ChefJenn Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    i walk..
  • oxnina
    oxnina Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    i just do easy stuff like riding a stationary bike, walking, maybe jogging..
    stretching helps the cramps and back pain.. but i don't over work myself because my TOM is really bad.
  • godsgiftjcp
    Options
    I still workout. To me, it makes it a lot lighter!!
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    The only changes in my routine is that I avoid inverted yoga poses during my peak flow days.
  • kelika71
    kelika71 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    I say this with all due respect.

We don't know how you're feeling. Every woman is different. Back in 2006, I couldn't even walk due to severe pain and issues. I had to go through 2 emergency surgeries that year.
    Now, I can workout 6 days a week, every week.

For some women, exercising helps. It didn't with me. You'll only know if you try.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    yep.
  • meamom123
    meamom123 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hello,

If I feel ok, I do. Sometimes it makes me feel better.
  • beautifulbrat
    Options
    I don't go full force, but I'll at least do extra walking or something that doesn't cause me to do a lot of bending!
  • OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I have been told I'm crazy...I don't let nothin' get me down...I worked out while I had a chest cold in January.

I find that after my workout durin' my period - my crankyness is gone - I feel so much better...

Everyone is different...and handle things differently
  • ShannonWinger
    ShannonWinger Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I use to have really severe periods before having children and after kids that all changed for some reason. No problems anymore but it was crippling before. Aleve was the only thing that would help me. Have you tried that?
  • dwinny
    dwinny Posts: 10
    Options
    Yeps! I know it's hard when your really crampy or sometimes I'm so tired I feel drugged! But I've found that if I could just do something for 30 mins, I'll feel better...alot of these ladies are right, I think it would depend on how YOU feel!
  • bethyfoofoo
    Options
    I'm with the majority. I also workout when its that time. It does make me feel better. Do what you can.
  • edryer123
    edryer123 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I work out because it helps with my crankiness. When I was younger it used to help with cramps, now it doesn't. Depends on your body I think. I usually walk more and stretch extra to help me relax.
  • fluffykitsune
    fluffykitsune Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Haha I've been putting working out off all day for that very exact reason. I know I need to but I gave into a chocolate craving and am paying for it. But I guess that should be more of a push to get up and do something. :tongue:
  • nickscutie
    nickscutie Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    absolutely exercise. I don't allow my period to be an excuse for anything (except being a *****).
  • humblemonkey
    humblemonkey Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I don't work out the first 2 days as my cramps are unbearable...By the third day I do work out and try to watch my calorie intake too...

exercise REDUCES cramps, silly! :o)
  • lukimakamai
    lukimakamai Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I continue my normal routine...exercise does help reduce the cramps, but when you can't walk to the car to go workout that information isn't much help...thats why I allow myself to take a day off if I need it, but I don't allow myself to take consecutive days off, so I need to plan it out and make sure I will be able to go the next day.