Yuck I'm sick!!

Options
Of course the only time I get sick this year is when I've finally gotten motivated to lose this weight. I'm always so bad when I'm sick. I crave comfort food and dont deny myself anything. I normally live off of mashed potatoes!! I cant do it this time. I've lost 6 lbs in the last couple weeks. I cant put it back on just because I feel icky. Also there goes my work out for the week too. I'm a smoker so I have issues breathing to begin with. Working out with a stuffy nose isn't happening.
What do ya'll do when your sick? Do you know of any low calorie bland foods besides soup, I've burnt myself out of soup already.

Replies

• magicksnmakeup
    magicksnmakeup Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Of course the only time I get sick this year is when I've finally gotten motivated to lose this weight. I'm always so bad when I'm sick. I crave comfort food and dont deny myself anything. I normally live off of mashed potatoes!! I cant do it this time. I've lost 6 lbs in the last couple weeks. I cant put it back on just because I feel icky. Also there goes my work out for the week too. I'm a smoker so I have issues breathing to begin with. Working out with a stuffy nose isn't happening.
    What do ya'll do when your sick? Do you know of any low calorie bland foods besides soup, I've burnt myself out of soup already.
  • battykatty2002
    Options
    i have the same problem,

I tend to eat stew's, jacket potatoes, but my ultimate comfort food is fish finger sandwiches (not great but makes me feel better)
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    I usually reach for super sweet or super salty, since those are the only things that really register with a stuffy nose.

I say pick up Lean Cuisine and Smart One frozen entree's. ALso, there is a little trick to make "mashed potatoes". Take cauliflower, nuke it, and blend it to the consistancy of mashed potatoes. it's a South Beach Diet trick. For the recipe search here under recipes (I'm positive I saw someone write about it) or Google South Beach mashed Potatoes.

:flowerforyou:
    Feel better!
  • magicksnmakeup
    magicksnmakeup Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    YES! why didn't i think of the cauliflower thing!? I did south beach a while ago. I had to stop cuz I couldn't make myself eat enough during the day. lol! Thanks for the tips!
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    YES! why didn't i think of the cauliflower thing!? I did south beach a while ago. I had to stop cuz I couldn't make myself eat enough during the day. lol! Thanks for the tips!

Ha!! I had the opposite problem! I always felt light headed and yucky.

:flowerforyou: Glad I could help :happy:
  • Mufasa0331
    Mufasa0331 Posts: 334 Member
    Options

Aww honey I am sorry you are sick!! Sorry i didn't call you back yesterday...I suck :(

I say get some hot mint tea and something small from Wendy's :wink: like a chili or baked potatoe...

or I could send you some Tiramisu from Brixx lol :laugh:
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Honey as I just posted and it seems alot of us here have it. I was just sick with both a cold and a small case of ecoli. I am one of the people who just wont eat when I am sick. But I would avoid anything heavy like the taters they taste yummo but the sugar in them will make your congestion worsen(I just read that). I would force down the healthy stuff. Heck eat something you would bnever eat cause you cant taste it all that well hahahaha.