Tortelinni Soup

Options
AshleyNPeters
AshleyNPeters Posts: 78 Member
So here’s my edited version of a recipe I found off of www. Sparkrecipes .com. It’s really simple and rather tasty!

Ingredients:
1 Package of fresh spinach (you can use the frozen kind too)
1 Onion
2 cloves of garlic
1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
2.5 Cups of Whole wheat tortellini ( I prefer the Buitoni brand)
4 cups of fat free lower sodium chicken broth
4 cups of crushed tomatoes (If you use the Tuttorosso brand with crushed basil, you will love it!)
Jimmy Dean breakfast turkey sausage cut up into desired size (I only use 9 links)
Italian seasoning spice
Salt and pepper for taste

Instructions:
Chop up onion and garlic and combine with olive oil in a frying pan. Fry until the onions are transparent. Once the onions are transparent, add turkey sausage for about 1 minute or until browned. In a large cooking pot, combine the chicken broth, crushed tomatoes, onion, garlic and sausage mixture and place on medium heat and cover. In another smaller cooking pot, fill with water and bring to a boil. Once the water is boiling, put in tortellini. Once the tortellini is finished cooking, drain and add to the pot with the other ingredients. Next, boil the spinach. Once the spinach has reached a bright green color and is soft, drain and add it to the other cooking pot. Add spices as desired and let ingredients remain to cook together for about 10 minutes.

Here are my calculations per serving for nutritional value for this meal which has 10 servings of 1 cups each:

Calories- 168
Carbs- 21
Fat- 5
Protien- 10
Sodium- 670
Fiber- 4

***I have a picture of this but am unsure of how to add it on here. Help?

Replies

• cef957
    cef957 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    sounds yummy.....maybe this weekend!
  • mmelaragno
    mmelaragno Posts: 162
    Options
    This sounds great, I will have to try it this weekend!
  • new_me_9_67
    new_me_9_67 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    thank you for posting it sounds really good
  • Vicky14174
    Vicky14174 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    thank you for sharing.
  • seaworld
    seaworld Posts: 4
    Options
    Thank you for this recipe. It sounds so good.
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    I've made this soup before (or a variation of it) before. It was AWESOME!!!! We had a soup & salad night a couple months back and this was soooo filling, I slept like a baby! I think I put Kidney Beans in mine, you could also make some mini-turkey meatballs. Mmmmmmmmm that sounds good I think i know what i'm making this weekend! :)
  • AshleyNPeters
    AshleyNPeters Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Great idea! I was also considering garbanzo beans to add in some extra protein :0)