What an awful day

Options
I had the worst day ever. I bought a new scale because I wanted a digital read one for accuracy and when I stepped on it, it showed the highest weight I have ever seen on me. I was so sad and depressed that I weigh more then I thought I decided to eat poorly not a good choice because now I feel worse. But I did do my P90X cardio workout and feel a bit better. I think I am going to start all over tomorrow. Weigh in and change my numbers and pretend I started this week not last week.

Replies

• kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Did you weigh in at the same time that you normally did on your old scale? I'd say weigh in on the new scale and your normal day and time and just log whatever it says and move on. Remember, it's not so much the number on the scale as how you feel and how your clothes fit!

Don't get discouraged and don't worry about 1 day of poor eating. It's more than a 1 day journey! You can do it! :wink:
  • tlhorsley
    tlhorsley Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I am sorry to hear that you did not get the weight on the scale you were hoping for (or thinking you were going to get).

We have all had those days where something gets us down and we deal with it by eating badly and then feel even worse because we ate bad.

Good for you for picking yourself back up and working out.

I agree with what you said -just "start all over".

Good Luck!!
  • mielikkibz
    mielikkibz Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    No better day to start that today sweetie! Don't let it get you down! Come on, you can do it!
  • Johnnie01Sanford
    Options
    Tomorrow is a new day!!!!!! You just get back on the wagon tomorrow. Important thing is you know what you have to do, we all have these day where we slip some key is to get back on it the next day.
  • durdenworkout
    Options
    Lori,
    Scales can be deceiving, many times we think that the number will help us get to our goal, but as you start increasing your activity, and eating healthy the weight won't always drop. Think of everytime you eat poorly as a step backwards, if you want to achieve your goals realize that there is no quick solution, or pill, but yet dedication and time. You should also know that some scales are calibrated differently so it could in fact be wrong. This site is not about a diet, or quick loss but a lifestyle change to build a better you, not every day will be easy, but you will be rewarded by feeling better and getting where you want to be. One suggestion I always had to friends was to lay off the scale, maybe weigh yourself every two, three weeks. Don't give up, you can do it.
  • Vicky14174
    Vicky14174 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    is this your day to weigh???? did you weigh 1st thing in the morning?????? is the scale setting on level floor??????
  • tea76
    tea76 Posts: 35
    Options
    dont stress tomorrow is a new day!! bring it on youll be awesome xx
  • Lori07
    Lori07 Posts: 136
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your support I think I really needed that. I started working out and eating better on Tuesday last week so I don't really have a regular weigh in day and time yet. I was just really shocked to see a higher number. I am so glad to have found this site to help me on this journey to a better me.
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I had a regular scale (those spring ones) and when I upgraded to a digital one maybe 30 lbs down, there was an 8 lbs difference. I mean literally.. I got on one, then the other right after. So big deal.. my start weight was actually 8 lbs higher, I adjusted that, BUT its didn't change the fact that I had still lost 30 lbs. Be proud of yourself!! It doesn't change what you did.. just where you started.