Anyone else use yourshape on kinect?

goodturtle
goodturtle Posts: 10
edited September 24 in Introduce Yourself
Hey MFP world! I just started this a week ago. I have been monitoring every single calorie that goes into my body and I am also working out everyday with xbox kinect's yourshape. I always feel like I'm getting a killer workout, but the calories burned doesn't really add up. According to MFP I burn more calories going on a fast paced walk, as opposed to the high intensity work out on the game. Doesn't really seem to make sense to me. Does anyone else out there use that game? I could use help as to how to get more accurate numbers with workouts. I love this site and I am addicted to the calorie counting on my phone app! What a great tool! Hopefully I can keep with it!

Replies

• morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    i thought the same!
  • Lollyvoddy
    Lollyvoddy Posts: 194 Member
    I have it on the Wii. It's a great workout, really intense. I do the 15 minute workout, which makes me sweat and puff hard out, and usually burns around 300 - 350 calories. I walk 5km a day also, which burns 387 calories and takes 49 minutes.
  • whiskey9890
    whiskey9890 Posts: 652 Member
    i've got it too, but don't rely on the numbers they use as they seem way off base. having said that i don't use it that much as the dog keeps wanting to join in and has ended up in us being in a bit of a pile. i must say that not being a yoga person i think the yoga programmes on it are killers especially trying to get the icons green!
  • haha- yeah I pretty much gave up on trying to do the yoga.
  • Nigel99
    Nigel99 Posts: 498 Member
    Love Your Shape! Buying that to get a little exercise in is part of what got me to completely change my eating, lose some weight, and exercise regularly.

Definitely do not rely on the game for calories burned, however. I bought a FT4 HRM after the first week, and found that Your Shape was underestimating my calorie burn by 33-50%. Today, for example, Your Shape said I burned around 221, but my HRM had my burn at 480. Big difference!
  • Wow! That's good to know! I always felt like I was working much harder than they say I am. lol!
This discussion has been closed.