Snacking

Options
I have a really bad habit of snacking. I feel like I am the only one that has an issue staying under my calories (lately). I used to do so well, but now I feel like my snacking is getting pretty bad. Advice?

Replies

• robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    It's this Maine winter, hun, it's got me too...
    Snow, snow, snow....cookie, donut, cupcake!

Spring is around the corner, and then you can get the little ones outside and run and play.
    :happy:
  • Karleyyy
    Karleyyy Posts: 857
    Options
    It's this Maine winter, hun, it's got me too...
    Snow, snow, snow....cookie, donut, cupcake!

Spring is around the corner, and then you can get the little ones outside and run and play.
    :happy:

I think that will help a lot. I hate winter.
  • BritanyV
    BritanyV Posts: 7
    Options
    Snack on healthy veggies like cucumbers, carrots and etc.
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    hmmm, well... I go through phases of snacking and not. It seems like a lot of the time I'm pretty disciplined with a cheat meal every now and then, but every so often I'll just have one of those months that I just lose focus a little bit and I snack on a little bit of everything.

I would suggest figuring out what time of day you tend to snack the most and try to save up extra calories to eat then. For me, it's definitely morning when I'm hungriest, but I snack late night. I try to keep the afternoon sort of light on calories so I can eat more during these two times of day.
  • BrittBrat33
    Options
    I am the same way, if i get board at work, i tell myself "i must be hungry" but what i do is keep Unsalted Almonds at my desk and when i get that urge i just eat like a small handfull and then drink water and it seems to be working for me?! Or if you keep granola bars...there are different HEALTHY snacks you could choose from so explore!!! :) And if you want to add me fill free i love to chat!! :) Have a great day!! :drinker: CHEERS!!
  • karilynn27
    karilynn27 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    you and me both sister!
    That is what's holding me back, I really need support with it, I snack all day (healthy snacks) but it never seems like I eat enough. Like I always have to have something!

UGH!
  • mielikkibz
    mielikkibz Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    i snack too, but try and make it healthy snacks, tho I will splurge like yesterday I allowed myself a piece of buttercream frosting chocolate cake LOL. . .I found a great snack item tonite that hit my chocholate fit in the nose: Nature Valley Granola THins. .. just find healthy choices to snack on, I've been picking up the prepackaged apples with caramel dip, low calorie popcorn, etc. . and if you do go over your calories, go for a nice hard walk :) it's what i did today, and now I get to figure out a dinner that'll fit the calories i need to hit netwise
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    It depends on what you're snacking on, but even if I go over on my calories for the day due to snacking on various nuts, fruits, and vegetables, it keeps me going and I've still lost weight throughout the week I continuously did that. In fact, I think I'm gonna have a snack now. And it's peanuts.
  • kickboxer74
    Options
    I had and still have the same problem. I ate out of bordom and actually ate when I was not hungry at all. I have been able to make some improvements. I drink a large amount of water to fool my stomach in thinking that it is full. When I do snack, I try to eat something that has a large amount of fiber, like a Kelloggs Fiber Plus bar. It has only 120 calories and 35% of daily fiber. The stomach takes longer to process whole grains and keep you feeling full longer. My last resort is standing in front of the vending machine at work staring at a snickers bar; torturing myself with the image of what I looked like before this journery. I must make a confession though; I have dropped the .85 cents a few times ate that delisious chocolate bar. LOL I am only human and make mistakes.

Regards,
    David