Downloaded the app, giving this a try, so here I am!

Options
Hello all!
I essentially stumbled upon myfitnesspal. I went through the android market looking for some form of calorie tracker and found much more in this handy tool. I would like to look fabulous for all the beach going and pool time I have promised myself this year. That will be the reward for my hard work in diet and fitness. I am 5'7'' and currently 147lbs. My overall goal is to be about 10lbs lighter, toned and fit overall. I have just started monitoring my diet, as in calorie counting, today with this program, but have been participating in local zumba and zumba total body classes twice weekly for the past two months. I plan to continue the classes, watch my calories, and supplement my fitness classes with workouts via dance central and zumba on the kinect and home. Here's hoping I pull this off!

Replies

• Myschelle
    Myschelle Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Welcome, sounds like you're on the right track. Add me, if you want. :flowerforyou:
  • DaisyJane82
    DaisyJane82 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Good luck!! I'm also trying to lose 10 lbs, I haven't tried Zumba yet. My friends love it and speak really highly of it.
  • SarahRuth♥
    SarahRuth♥ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    I found the site the exact same way. The app is great for tracking, but the support and encouragement I find in the community here is much more valuable to me! The combination of the two can't be beat!! Good luck to you!
  • jmanthei98
    jmanthei98 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Welcome...and good for you! The food and exercise journals are great tools, but it's the VERY active community that has kept me here on the particularly hard days. Good luck!
  • MrsQFlowers
    Options
    I FOUND THIS APP THE SAME WAY, I HAVE BEEN USING IT FOR 4 DAYS NOW AND LOVE IT.
  • Cynamin03
    Options
    I appreciate the welcome all! I've been able to keep up with the diary pretty well, weekends are tough. So far so good though.
  • jeromy75
    jeromy75 Posts: 112
    Options
    Welcome. Glad you are here.