PB&J Substitute

Options
The local supermarket posted on their Twitter & Facebook page a substitute for the standard PB&J sandwich. Instead of peanut butter and jelly they suggest using an avacado and cream cheese. I have yet to try it. Has anyone ever had an avacado and cream cheese sandwhich? How did it taste?

Replies

• ms_erica
    ms_erica Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    avocado and cream cheese?? really? hmmm...guess i'll need to try it...but usually i do peanut butter and a sugar free preserve like strawberries
  • tshahady
    tshahady Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    not me. Might sound more appealing if you mixed something in the cream cheese then spread it on.
  • sbilyeu75
    sbilyeu75 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I can't fathom why I would want to replace my PB&J.
  • amycrims
    amycrims Posts: 94
    Options
    eww. i mean i love avocado, but in what way does that substitute for pb&j?? need to have the yummy peanut butter mixed wiht fruity jelly for crissakes! :noway:
  • TedTorres
    TedTorres Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    not me. Might sound more appealing if you mixed something in the cream cheese then spread it on.

Flavored cream cheese.
  • kelika71
    kelika71 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Back away slowly from my PB&J sandwich

I've already substituted things for it. I can't fathom trading in for an avocado or cream cheese to replace that.
    Now, if you're talking guac, by all means! lol
  • TedTorres
    TedTorres Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    eww. i mean i love avocado, but in what way does that substitute for pb&j?? need to have the yummy peanut butter mixed wiht fruity jelly for crissakes! :noway:

If I remember correctly, they were suggesting sending this as a substitute to give some variety to school lunches. I'll be honest, I tend to take PB&J to work each night. A joke around the warehouse is, "Teddy, what did you bring for lunch?" Everyone knows it's PB&J. After a few months of nothing but PB&J a little variety is nice.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    That's something I'd actually try. I like experimenting with lots of things, and flavor is no exception in my quest for extraordinary experiences.
  • kelika71
    kelika71 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    I'll be the first to admit, I get stuck in ruts with foods. But hey, I like my foods and will change when I'm tired of it. lol

Don't dare try changing my PB for an avocado. :)
  • otm25
    otm25 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I've had avocado and hummus, it's delish!
  • steacher24
    Options
    Ohhh. I'm a teacher, and peanut butter is such as issue at school. I have several students who would go into anaphylactic shock if they even touched a table that had a remnant of peanut butter on it. One thing that I told a parent was to send a cream cheese and jelly sandwich instead. My mom used to make it for me when I was little, and I LOOOOOVED them.
  • Deanna051
    Deanna051 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    my sister and i are both crazy for cream cheese and avocado, although i never thought of putting them together, she toasted an english muffin and spread cream cheese on it then topped with sliced avocado. strange i know but it was yummy!!
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    I love cream cheese and avocado together. I didn't actually start eating avocado until I started eating sushi rolls. One of the first ones I had was a Philly Roll, which has cream cheese, avocado and imitation crab. So more than once I've combined those items without the rice/roll to enjoy since then. Oddly, I never get Philly Rolls at sushi anymore, but I could easily see myself devouring a cream cheese and avocado sandwich on wheat bread. In fact, it makes me wish I had avocado in the house right now to give it a try. lol
  • katschi
    katschi Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    The closest I've come to this is avocado and laughing cow cheese. The two weren't quite compatible.
    I do however love avocado and egg sandwiches.