weigh-in?

Options
I'm new to this site and i was wondering how often does everyone weigh in?? i don't know if i should do it every other day, every week, every other week. what do you all do?

Replies

• frostiegurl
    frostiegurl Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I actually weigh myself twice a day (once at night and then again in the morning). I only record when I have a loss that is consistent for more than 2 days.
  • spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    So far, I've been doing it everyday, at the same time, first thing in the morning. I think consistency is more important than frequency.
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Officially I weigh-in once a week. I do weigh myself everyday though
  • Andrea7701
    Andrea7701 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I try not to weigh in more than once a week because I like to wait and see progress.
  • Diem30
    Diem30 Posts: 92
    Options

I agree and its the best way to keep track
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I do it twice a week, Mondays and Fridays. I can see the more immediate effects of my exercise and diet but I don't see the daily fluctuations as much.
  • ChelDM
    ChelDM Posts: 145
    Options
    I am in a pre-op weight loss course through the hospital and the group weighs in once a week...water retention and even one meal can change everything if you weigh yourself too often the results aren't consistent.
  • Vicky14174
    Vicky14174 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    realistically you are supposed to weigh in once a week, on the same day, at the same time, preferably first thing in the morning after going to the bathroom and before you do anything else every week.
  • srs1881
    srs1881 Posts: 14
    Options
    I weigh in once a week. I feel like it allows me to see progress without worrying about the day to day water weight.
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Once a week.
  • Jodie_Wilson9
    Options
    I weigh myself almost every morning, just to keep myself in check. Sometimes I weigh myself post workout, too. However, I weigh in and document my weight loss (or gain *sigh*) once a week on Wednesday mornings. So far, I'm about right on with a weight loss of 1 lb. / week, which is what I've set for my MFP goals. It's rather neat.
  • snowsquall
    snowsquall Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I actually weigh myself twice a day, and i base it on after my workout before dinner then again the next morning before breakfast. I find its good for me because it give me an idea at what effects the meal the night before had on me and high sodium foods tend to add a couple extra pounds. Pasta sits with me for a couple days and the weekend potatoe chip bign adds 3lbs so again, for me its a what i should and should not eat, and it drives my wife crazy. Though i'm down 27lbs since November 25/10.
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I officially weigh in once a week or 2 weeks but I weight pretty much everyday. Its helps me check for things like water retention and so on. Some people find that it is too much. Some people even weigh in once a month. There really isn't a right answer. Do what feels comfortable for you.
  • edryer123
    edryer123 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I weigh in officially once a week, but I also do weigh myself every morning right when I get up. If I see the scale creep up before my official weigh in, I evaluate my diary from the day before to see if I had too much sodium and/or calories and my water intake.
  • Mary830
    Mary830 Posts: 64
    Options

I agree and its the best way to keep track

Ditto this. I weigh myself every morning, but my "official" weigh in is on Sunday.

I used to weigh in on Friday mornings, but that tended to lead to bad weekends. :embarassed: If I had a good loss, I would "celebrate" by eating out, or skipping a workout on Friday, and then again on Saturday, and again on Sunday. :blushing: It would sometimes work in the reverse too. If I was disappointed with the weigh in, I might get frustrated and "throw in the towel" Weighing myself on Sunday keeps me focused on Friday and Saturday!
  • BernieGee
    BernieGee Posts: 14
    Options
    I"m doing it once a week, although if I walk pass the scales I can't help to jump on and have a look!

What about measurements? I'm doing them every 3 weeks
  • Wightvixen
    Wightvixen Posts: 117
    Options
    Officially on Sunday mornings, though I'm sometimes tempted to have a sneak peak once or twice during the week too. My wii also weighs me but I take little notice of that as it can be at different times of day, before or after food etc and is not consistent.

However often you weigh, the important thing is that conditions should always be consistent. The same time of day, same clothes (or without is even better) and after using the loo.
  • zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    once per week. i would get to frustrated doing it daily i think