Psychological Thriller

Options
Dreamerlove
Dreamerlove Posts: 441 Member
I'm looking for a new good book. I like love, mystery, psychological thrillers all in one. Anything that sounds like a lifetime move, Christian fiction. Some examples are.....Redeeming Love, lovely bones, twilight, a child called it, hmmm all i can think of now....any suggestions???

Replies

• ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    Eat Pray Love (obviously not a psychological thriller) or, lots of people loved The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, but it was too much for me. I had some horrible nightmares reading that book.
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    Anything by Dennis Lehane.
  • steacher24
    Options
    I LOVE Patricia Cornwell's Scarpetta series.
  • chris1132
    chris1132 Posts: 58
    Options
    Some of my favorites lately:

The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield (kind of a gothic romance/mystery - soooo good!!)

Through a Glass Darkly by Karleen Koen (historical/romance - very long but totally worth it!)

The Deadly series by Charlaine Harris (what the HBO series True Blood is based on - much better than the series!)
  • tammygarcia
    tammygarcia Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    try Lee Childs anything with the charcter Jack Reaccher. they are great.
  • chris1132
    chris1132 Posts: 58
    Options
    Eat Pray Love (obviously not a psychological thriller) or, lots of people loved The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, but it was too much for me. I had some horrible nightmares reading that book.

OMG that book made me so uncomfortable... I mean, it was good, but were all the terrible details REALLY necessary?!
  • ngolston
    ngolston Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Have you already read The Host by Stephanie Meyer? I passed it by more than a few times but once I finally picked it up and began reading I couldn't put it down.
  • michellehorvath
    michellehorvath Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    19 minutes by Jodi Picoult....my absolute favorite book of 2010!
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options

OMG that book made me so uncomfortable... I mean, it was good, but were all the terrible details REALLY necessary?!

Yeah, I cried through most of it, and I was on vacation reading it! I started the second and felt this sense of impending doom the whole time. I just couldn't bring myself to finish it, so I revisited the Discworld series by Terry Pratchett.
  • tammygarcia
    tammygarcia Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Or if you like vampires, try the lover series by J.R. Ward. very steamy
  • Happy_JoJo
    Happy_JoJo Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    anything by Lisa Gardner Love her!!! Also Jodi Picoult.... Great stuff!!!
  • Dreamerlove
    Options
    Did Jodi Picoult write my sisters keeper?
  • Heatherw1280
    Options
    If you liked Lovely Bones, read the other one by Alice Seabold called "Lucky" it's great. Anything by Janet Evonich is great too.
  • Dreamerlove
    Options
    I chose 19 minutes by Jodi Picoult!!!!!!!!
  • dmoses
    dmoses Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Not a psycho thriller but The Help was an awesome book. Also, The Forgotten Garden. The 'Girl' trilogy was great too - Dragon Tattoo, Played With Fire and Kicked Hornets Nest.
  • TiniTurtle
    TiniTurtle Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    the hunger games was an amazing series that i passed on & couldn't put down! :o)