Introduction

Options
Hi, I'm Merry (born on Christmas so my first name is spelled this way) After hitting my late 30's, I have struggled with my weight, lost some, only to gain back more each time. Never thought I'd have a weight problem because both of my parents were slim. Last July was the all time highest weight, 225. Today I'm 205 I keep trying and I'll keep trying until I get it right, My health depends on it, literally., I don't want to take anymore RX and want to be able to stop taking what I do take. The picture I posted was taken four years ago at 180 lbs. My goal is to be at a healthy weight on my 60th birthday. I can use all the encouragement I can get. Thanks

Replies

• Vicky14174
    Vicky14174 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    this is an excellent place to be. you will learn how to eat healthy here and that you need to move your body as in exercise. this is a "lifestyle change" not a diet. please fill free to add me as your friend. we can make this journey together. Welcome to the family.
  • trrush58
    trrush58 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am new to this. I started in Jan. trying to lose wieght and have lost 15 lbs. to date but would like to speed up the process. I excerise 6 days a week. I do spinning and Body Pump. I really like both.
  • wadi1225
    wadi1225 Posts: 6
    Options
    Great job losing 15 lbs! Merry
  • maripo1952
    Options
    Hello everyone, this is my fourth day with MFP. What a great place to be in, so far it has help me to organize my meals and my exercise. I have more than 100 pounds to loose, and I know I am not alone here in this situation. It is very encouraging to read the blogs. It also looks like a good place to make new friends. I wish all the best to anyone who is reading this message, have a great week. Today is a good day to live....