Meeting Calorie Goals...

Options
Hello! My calorie goal is set to 1200 so when I overeat I don't feel the guilt...crazy I know... But somedays I don't make that goal because I find that I am just not hungry. I read somewhere that it is important to eat whenever I am hungry and I drink plenty of water. Am I hurting my success because I don't make it to at least 1200 calories a day?

Replies

• arkohio
    arkohio Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    If you aren't hungry, then why eat? If you weren't watching your calories you would only have your hunger sensation to guide your eating. If you aren't coming under your goal every day, it's not going to have an overall bad effect. Just like if you blew way over a couple days spread out here and there.

Just my opinion and not based on anything other than experience. ;)
  • Lizzy_Sunflower
    Lizzy_Sunflower Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    I have heard that if you don't get enough calories your body will stop loosing and go into starvation mode. I am not sure what that low is though 1200 is cutting it pretty close I think
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Check out the sticky topics at the top of this section and you will find a number of posts around this topic.
    After a quick glance at your diary, I would say that you are not getting enough nutritious food into you. I don't have a problem with (almost) any food in moderation but if you are eating low calories you need to be giving your body the right fuel.