Egg Beaters ?

Options
I was at the store the other day and went for the Egg whites container then I seen the egg beaters.
Why would someone eat egg beaters if they can have a real egg?
It looked like the egg beaters have the yolks in them too?

Replies

• npoorte
    npoorte Posts: 5
    Options
    They are about half the calories and no fat, but they keep the protein and other nutrients. (so they are a good substitute if you are looking to help with your fat and calorie intake).
  • Wildflower3475
    Wildflower3475 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Egg beaters are egg whites with colouring to make them yellow. I think it's supposed to be better for you (without the yolk). I personally prefer Simply best, no colouring just egg whites. The white is the healthiest part so it's easier to buy these instead of seperating the yolk yourself.
  • HelenTheKitchen
    Options
    Egg Beaters are pretty much, as far as I can see, the same as Liquid Egg Whites, just with food coloring. I usually just by the egg whites, only because I feel like it's a waste to throw out the yolk.
  • heyitsmekatie
    heyitsmekatie Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    like the others say, they add stuff to make it appear yellow. i eat eggs almost everyday for breakfast, the whole thing too. no eggbeaters for me! :)
  • heyitsmekatie
    heyitsmekatie Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    like the others say, they add stuff to make it appear yellow. i eat eggs almost everyday for breakfast, the whole thing too. no eggbeaters for me! :)
  • eating4balance
    eating4balance Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Egg beaters taste more like real eggs than plain old egg whites, but they have the same calories at 30 calories per 1/4 cup (equal to an egg). The "coloring" as people refer to it, is beta carotene from carrots, nothing harmful or artificial. I prefer egg beaters because they are creamier, resemble eggs more than egg whites and I can cook them in the microwave in 45 seconds!

Egg beaters are actually egg whites with a few added ingredients to make them taste better!
  • buchmansrus
    buchmansrus Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thank you everybody for all the comments back. I appreciate it alot.
    I ended up buying the egg whites but just wanted to double check.

Thanks again
  • edryer123
    edryer123 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I like the egg beaters that are flavored. (saves me time) I usually go with the southwest and add my homemade salsa. Helps keep me from having too many sweets!