starting again

Options
Hello everyone,

Im starting my diet AGAIN!!!!!!! I usally do ok on my diet. I found this site on a bodybuilding site. So far I like this site alot... Maybe u guys and girls can help me with my diet alittle, The food part tells me that i need like 200 grams of cards a day and i really think that is alot but mybe im wrong. I will also be using the P90x workouts on this diet. Maybe i can help some of u as well. Sorry I really don't know what to say. any input would help. thanks94336.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting

Replies

• masonmst
    masonmst Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

Im starting my diet AGAIN!!!!!!! I usally do ok on my diet. I found this site on a bodybuilding site. So far I like this site alot... Maybe u guys and girls can help me with my diet alittle, The food part tells me that i need like 200 grams of cards a day and i really think that is alot but mybe im wrong. I will also be using the P90x workouts on this diet. Maybe i can help some of u as well. Sorry I really don't know what to say. any input would help. thanks94336.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting
  • masonmst
    Options
    mybe someone can comment, with a litle words of help...
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Welcome! :flowerforyou: I have no good words of advice, just wanted to say hi!
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    Hello!:flowerforyou:

I hardly ever make it to my alotted carbs a day, due to eating greens and proteins. I have read, though, if you're working out vigorously between 1-2 hours a day, you need more carbs than the average joe.

I'm pretty sure there have been some articles covering this.....you may try searching in general discussions. (I'd do it for ya, buddy, but for once I'm actually busy......:ohwell: )

Also, I'll bump Banks post for Newbies for you. Look for it under Recent Posts.

:flowerforyou:
    Welcome and see ya around!
  • bethskiles
    Options
    88002.png

Welcome and good luck!! I never eat as many carbs as suggested here. But I am following my doctor's advice and he has me cut out any white bread, white rice, potatoes, anything with processed sugar like the good stuff- cookies, pies, cakes. So any carbs I get comes from veggies and a little fruit. It is working well for me and I feel much better. Once again, good luck!! Beth S
  • amyjoh
    Options
    Good Luck!
  • amyjoh
    Options
    Wow that P90x workout is pretty intense! You will have to keep us posted on your transformation!
  • masonmst
    Options
    yes the p90x workouts are very tough but well worth it I believe..
  • GoGetterMom
    GoGetterMom Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Congrats on making the decision! Welcome! Sorry I missed your post the first day.... As far as carbs go, I don't eat bread or simple carbs like that, so I never hit my carb suggestion here. I remember you can go in and edit that as you'd like. I get my carbs from long grain rice (once or twice a week) and fruits & veggies (or rice pasta - rarely).

I hear PX90 is awesome & tough. I know there is a thread you can plug into on this site. They may have some hints for you.

Hope you enjoy visiting with everyone on mfp! :drinker:
  • edidri6
    edidri6 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am on day 7 of the P90X program and love it but hate it! I follow the phase one diet portion and track here. By design I take in less carbs and more protein than this site recommends and I have seen a nice level of results!

I wish you success!
  • masonmst
    Options
    edidrid, I was doing the p90x but only got to day 4 before i cut my arm and had to have stiches (sp), then I hit rock bottom and started to drink again (football started). Then I hurt my leg and couldn't walk for 2 days (boohooboohoo I know) But 2marrow is day 1 again and I also will be doing level 1 on the diet part im already 3 days on the diet so wish me luck. Also good luck to you to and if I can help anyway please feel free to ask. Thanks to all the other posters also for their replys. Later