Snacks?

Options
Do you have a snack in the evenings after supper, or do you not eat anything after supper?

Replies

• HelenTheKitchen
    Options
    Depending on when I go to bed I usually have one or two high fiber snacks. A cereal bar and/or a piece of fruit.
  • jmmran03
    jmmran03 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I don't typically have anything after dinner... just vitamins and water
  • jdrop
    jdrop Posts: 24
    Options
    I try not to eat after dinner.

If I'm hungry I'll have something like a hot cocoa or glass of juice.
  • jkq2003
    jkq2003 Posts: 27
    Options
    I typically have a snack after dinner but I try to make it a healthy snack and not something full of fat. I normally have yogurt or cottage cheese and fruit. I actually had my doctor tell me that I should have a snack before bedtime to help keep my body from going into starvation mode. She also told me that within an hour of waking up that I need to drink at least 8 hours of water and eat something small even if it is not breakfast to help my body come out of starvation while I was sleeping and to jump start my metabolism for the day.
  • journeytoahealthy51
    journeytoahealthy51 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I like to have a 100 cal bag of microwave popcorn in the evening. Keeps my tummy from growling all night!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,022 Member
    Options
    I typically have a snack after dinner, usually popcorn, rice cakes or a fruit bar
  • gcgillmann
    Options
    I try and stick with something low cal for no cal like fruit or veggies if I'm still hungry after dinner. Water helps fill you up too!
  • itsmeshelly1
    itsmeshelly1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm new to using fitnesspal and the site and really like. I sometimes have a snack. Depends on if I'm trying to do a fast or not. I try to go from 6pm to 11am without eating but there are times I gotta have something so if I do its sf jello with cottage or yogurt. Just something light.
  • msmindyf
    msmindyf Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    if I haven't had all my fruits/veggies for the day, I'll have an apple..otherwise, I get a skinny cow truffle bar(my fave right now is the white mint)
  • HannahPastoor
    Options
    Yep! I workout a few hours after I eat dinner so I need a snack : )
  • LovelySnugs
    LovelySnugs Posts: 389
    Options
    if i have an early dinner, i'll either save part of my dinner or have a light snack (cheese and crackers or a few strawberries) a couple hours later.
  • Jess21684
    Jess21684 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    unfortunaly yeah i do. night-time snacking is a huge thing for me :/ I stay up late cause of my work schedule, usually dont go in till real late afternoon so my routine is whack lol but i try to make sure i have some alloted calories left for some night-time snacks and i choose healthy, low cal options. apples, baby carrots w salsa for dipping, popcorn (it feels like im getting a lot of food for only 100cals!) which helps!! greek yogurt (cause its filling) and lately wasa light n crisp crackers (3 for 60cals) and i spread a little of that laughing cow light cheese spread ontop of it (half the wedge is just 18cals!) so yes i do but i make sure i set aside the calories for it and i keep it as healthy and low-cal as possible.
  • gjulie
    gjulie Posts: 391
    Options
    I eat about 6 small meals a day anyway,my day starts at 6.10am and ends at 9pm I never let myself go hungry,have a small ammount of protein with every meal also fruit and berries have lost about 6lbs in a month!:smile: