Newbie Nutrition Question,Someone please help me understand

Options
Today In my food diary i got a red -6 in protein. I think this means i went over in protein but i have not went over my calories. Is this bad and if so should i exercise to burn it off?

Replies

• gcgillmann
    Options
    If you are exercising then the extra protein if helpful in building muscles. If you go over in anything you want it to be protein.
  • muth3rluvx2
    muth3rluvx2 Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    Macro/Micro nutrient surplus (ie: more than needed) = generally good (you can over do some like Iron, but usually not in the course of a normal diet).

Fat, Carbs, Sodium & Sugar overages = generally bad (allowances for raw produce kinda need to be made, I think..)

Hope that helps. :-)
  • hellenyork
    Options
    That's a great question! I always think as long as it's lean protein your eating it's ok to go over a little bit! I'm trying to pay more attention to carbs, sugar, and sodium!
  • Charrisse
    Charrisse Posts: 163
    Options
    Go over in the protein - good for building muscles. :)
    Dont go over in fat, cal and sugar - but if you log sugar in say a sweet potato, corn and carrots - you will prob go over. Most people on here say do not log "natural" sugars that occur in fruits and veggies - but do log processed sugars such as ice cream and cookies.
  • bledsoesh
    Options
    Thanks, wasn't to sure if i was making a weight loss mistake or not. Iam not trying to diet just making healthier choices and keeping below the calories. Tomorrow will be my first weigh in!