Help please!!! Need 500 cal!

Options
So, I'm not hungry, but I have 546 calories left for the day...

Any suggestions on something to eat?

Replies

• JenBrown0210
    JenBrown0210 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    I love tuna on flatbread with green olives and cucumbers. Its about 300 calories and filling.
  • scagneti
    scagneti Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I had some leftover yesterday so I had a few tablespoons of peanut butter.

Nuts, fruit or dairy products are all good choices
  • maryrunslikeafox
    maryrunslikeafox Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    yogurt, glass of milk, peanut butter?
  • ChRiStA_1983
    ChRiStA_1983 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    1/3 of a cup of cashews will put you at about 290 calories!
  • CAHRX9387
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!!

I'm new to this site and was so surprised with so many comments in only a few minutes!

I really appreciate it!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,006 Member
    Options
    apple with peanut butter, or hummus with crackers
  • spcopps
    spcopps Posts: 283
    Options
    If you don't want to eat make a fruit smoothie. Not as filling as food but will also give you a fruit serving. If you have yogurt on hand you use 6-8 oz of yogurt (I use lowfat), throw in some fruit you like and if you have it add in a scoop of whey powder. I drink these a lot for breakfast because I am not a bfast person. This will give you .about 290 calories. Other than that peanut butter on a rice cake with a banana or apple, Protein bar, Wheat crackers with cheese and meat (adult snackables) and even a glass of low pulp orange juice will be about 120 calories...
  • Becky011
    Becky011 Posts: 384
    Options
    That's what I love about our MFP family. Sooooo many of us out there and everyone gets involved. Such a GREAT resource!
    Thanks everyone!!!

I'm new to this site and was so surprised with so many comments in only a few minutes!

I really appreciate it!
  • Celo24
    Celo24 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    So, I'm not hungry, but I have 546 calories left for the day...

Any suggestions on something to eat?

I have some questions - how many calories have you already eaten? What's your daily goal? Did you exercise? If so, how many calories did you burn?

The reason I ask is because you may not HAVE to eat those 500. I'll give you an example. I have a net goal of 1840 calories daily. I have days when I burn in excess of 1200-1300 calories. If I was going to eat EVERY calorie on one of those days, I would be eating over 3000 calories. Not happening. On those days, once I get somewhere between 2400-2600, I'm good.
  • museonlife
    Options
    This same thing has been happening to me often. Now that I am in my third month of this adventure I find myself NOT hungry, but with 300 - 500 calories left for the day. If I do not eat I get the "You are not eating enough calories..." error message. Do we have to eat even when we are not hungry.
  • CombatVet_Armywife
    CombatVet_Armywife Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    When I need to fill up on some cals, I turn to avacado, raw nuts, or whole wheat toast (or muffin) w/ natural peanut butter....
    Good luck! :)
  • naebear99
    naebear99 Posts: 73
    Options
    I pay more attention to my weekly tally. Some days I go under by several hundred, some I go over by a couple hundred. Since I'm averaging out fine, I do t sweat eating too much or too little.