any suggestions for soothing cramps

Options
i have the worst TOM cramps right now and i'm stuck at work with no motrin :sad: any suggestions ?

Replies

• luvchi3
    luvchi3 Posts: 167
    Options
    i have the worst TOM cramps right now and i'm stuck at work with no motrin :sad: any suggestions ?
  • susan62
    Options
    Any hot tea? That's what I always gave my daughter and she still uses it. Hope you feel better soon.:flowerforyou:
  • pinkpixies
    Options
    Ask a friend at work for something?
  • luvchi3
    Options
    i'll try some tea thanks.

no co-workers, only me here
  • pinkpixies
    Options

That sucks.

Feel better. :flowerforyou:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I've heard bananas.

Personally, whiskey seems to work:drinker:

Just kidding. I'm sorry you're in pain. I remember horrible cramps all too well.
  • shkaki
    shkaki Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    this is going to be a horrible suggestion especially coming from a fitness professional....but I have wicked horrible awful cramps that literally keep me in the bed. I find that making myself get up out of the fetal position and trying to deal with them only works if i have some extra strength ibuprofin, and then something that is caffeinated. The meds will relax the muscles, and the caffeine is supposed to sooth cramping.. do that and then try to get up and move around a little bit, the phys. activity has been proven to help!!

fetal position is what usually i end up doing :):bigsmile:
  • ellelit
    ellelit Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    a big fat purring lap cat. seriously, my cat used to sleep on my tummy, and there is really nothing better.
  • luvchi3
    Options
    LOL i could totally go for the purring cat and a bottle of motrin right now, four more hours to go, i hope i can make it. i can barely stand up straight right now, tried doing to active stuff cuz standing felt a little better but that didn't last long
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    I've heard bananas.

Personally, whiskey seems to work:drinker:

Just kidding. I'm sorry you're in pain. I remember horrible cramps all too well.

Wine too! Just makes me uber emotional :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    LOL i could totally go for the purring cat and a bottle of motrin right now, four more hours to go, i hope i can make it. i can barely stand up straight right now, tried doing to active stuff cuz standing felt a little better but that didn't last long

ugh.....been there.....(damn ovarian cyst) I hope it gets better soon......:ohwell:
  • luvchi3
    Options
    i just tore apart the store looking for something that might help and all i founds was a blow pop and an expired bag of croutons. :sad:
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options

If you are the only one there, crawl under your desk and do the fetal position..or on your desk....

Lock the doors the first.:bigsmile:
  • pinkpixies
    Options
    a big fat purring lap cat. seriously, my cat used to sleep on my tummy, and there is really nothing better.

a purring heating pad, eh? :smile:
  • pinkpixies
    Options
    i just tore apart the store looking for something that might help and all i founds was a blow pop and an expired bag of croutons. :sad:

*steals the lolly* nom nom nom
  • luvchi3
    Options
    i just stood in front of these new heaters we are selling for a few minutes, it helped so much, they use moist heat like a heating pad would. i wish it was cold out so i could stand in front of it all day