New and looking for support

Options
I posted this in the motivation forum, but got no response, which doesn't help the issue at hand! :cry: So I thought I would repost it here and see if I can find help this way.

I am fairly new to MFP...it has been a great tool and is helping to keep me on track. My problem is that I don't feel like I have a good support group to keep me going. I have lost two pounds so far in the past two weeks, but have so far to go to reach my goal. I know I will not be able to keep up this motivation for long if I don't have people to push me. Please add me as a friend if you can help me...I would love to make new friends that are struggling like me and need the support too. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• fnm101
    fnm101 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    hi Heather! I'm new to this too, so I'm looking for support. You can do it! WE can do it! I'll add you to my friend list.
  • thomaslh83
    thomaslh83 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! It's always good to have people to hold you accountable and encourage you throughout this process. Good luck with your fitness plan!
  • jamamm
    jamamm Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Just added you. I just started and have a long way to go. Already I'm getting great support from some new friends here. This is such a great site!
  • beckyla1
    beckyla1 Posts: 1
    Options
    I am new too. Looking for support and encouragement.:smile:
  • miavilla
    miavilla Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm new too and need all the help I can get! let's support eachother!
  • danie82
    danie82 Posts: 2
    Options
    Good luck! We can do this, I know we can! I have heard to drink lots and lots of water, which I am now starting to like a little more! Please feel free to add me to your friends list, we can help each other out! Well I am off to do day 2 of my boot camp video... :)
  • fletchmonster
    Options
    Greetings,

I have tried and failed a great many diets. I feel I have failed due to two major lacking components: Effective goal planning and accountability. Simply saying "I want to lose weight" really does nothing. But setting a benchmark for yourself gives you something to hold on to. Second....accountability. This is simpler than it sounds. I am a private person, so inviting all my friends into my diet plan is not really a winner in my book. Recently, I aquired a gym membership....and through this, I found the missing piece: passive accountability. Simply put...but seeing others work hard to be fit, I am motivated to be fit...to push harder on the weights....to run longer on the treadmill....to WIN!

These are my thoughts. What are yours?
  • hmanderson
    hmanderson Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I really appreciate it. I look forward to getting to know, and help, all of you! :smile:
  • SeaShell33
    SeaShell33 Posts: 141
    Options
    support helps so much! you can add me if you want :flowerforyou:
  • Fairymom81
    Options
    Hi I have been here for a little while. I have finally gotten the motivation to lose weight and I have alot to lose. But I will be glad to help anyone in any way that I can! So anyone can add me if they would like! :)
  • laney237
    laney237 Posts: 26
    Options
    I need friends on here too...I just added you :) Good luck
  • AnitaAntone
    AnitaAntone Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I'm also looking to add friends for support,view my profile and friend me if interested! P.S. I work in raleigh , small world!:happy:
  • craft338
    craft338 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    i've been on here a month and it's awesome :) good luck!!
  • hmanderson
    hmanderson Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm also looking to add friends for support,view my profile and friend me if interested! P.S. I work in raleigh , small world!:happy:
    Small world! :wink:
  • jojo310
    jojo310 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi:) I moved to Edmonton from Ontario ad I don't have friends out in Edmonton to keep meotivatd to get healthy. I just need a buddy to keep me motivated. I go back to Ontario in August for a friends wedding (which I am a bridesmaid) and I want to look amazing. I really need support and hope there are people I can add as friends on here to keepe motivated. :) thank you. Jolene