WATER

Options
1. Water suppresses the appetite …

People who drink more are proven to feel hungry less often, as water makes a good appetite suppressant.

2. Water helps to reduce cholesterol …

Water has a drastic impact on cholesterol, and will reduce the levels in your body. This should help you slim down much faster.

3. Water helps to tone muscles …

If your muscles are dehydrated, you won’t see any toning, no matter how much exercise you do. Up your intake in water and you’ll see a difference fast.

4. Water is necessary for proper digestion …

The digestive system requires so much fresh water a day to work, and if you are short of this, you will feel bloated and tired.

5. Water helps the liver to function …

The liver metabolizes fat, which is very important when you are trying to lose weight. However, it requires a lot of water to do this successfully, and if it doesn’t have enough, it will just store the fat.

Replies

• Jonesie1984
    Jonesie1984 Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    hooray for water! I"m finally starting to... *gasp* love it! :)
  • BrownEyedG1rl
    BrownEyedG1rl Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Thank you for that reminder! I so needed that! Most days I am TERRIBLE at getting my water in!
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    I drink a cup before a eat and a cup after, keeps me full and satisfied, and keeps those munchies away :happy:
  • jane77
    jane77 Posts: 489
    Options
    Water plain cheap you great for you what's not to love. Thanks for the post. Drink up everyone
  • gooberr4
    gooberr4 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    thanks for posting this! i was just wondering today what were the benefits of drinking 8+ glasses a water a day.
  • autumn13
    autumn13 Posts: 295
    Options
    Just wonderful!
  • LeAnn_Mae
    LeAnn_Mae Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I'm all for water and I know I don't drink enough of it but I actually read an article a while back that said you get enough water in the foods you eat and the 8 glasses of water a day is not necessary. Don't know how much truth there is to that but just thought it was interesting. I'll see if I can find the article and you can make your own judgement.
  • ChefJenn
    ChefJenn Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    i was taught to drink half my body weight in water each day .. so I drink over 110 oz a day
  • jsmjboertlein
    Options
    I love water, but why is it that the more I drink the thirstier I feel? Anyone else have this issue. Whereas if I drink tea or vitamin water or even milk I don't FEEl thirsty all day.
  • Amb1976
    Amb1976 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    thanks catie...and to that i say.....BOTTOMS UP! LOL:drinker:
  • runningneo122
    runningneo122 Posts: 6,962 Member
    Options
    I love water, but why is it that the more I drink the thirstier I feel? Anyone else have this issue. Whereas if I drink tea or vitamin water or even milk I don't FEEl thirsty all day.

Might want to get your blood sugar checked. Early sign of onset of diabetes is constant thirst. Just sayin'
  • rrboruff
    rrboruff Posts: 24
    Options
    Yes! Yes! Yes! This is a great reminder. Thanks for sharing! :)
  • Duliebob
    Duliebob Posts: 12
    Options
    If you're eating fresh veggies, getting plenty of low sodium broth, and fresh fruits, you don't need as much water. But if you're getting a lot of dehydrated, or all around dry foods, you still need to get all the water.

The rules I use are for every 8 oz of fruits or vegetables, subtract 1/4 in water. Coffee, figure half what you drink (counts for the diuretic effect of caffeine and the fact you need the liver to metabolize caffeine. Soda, better drink twice what you had as water...all that sugar is terrible, and diet has other problems. Beer counts as 3/4 water for a light lager, 1/2 water for an ale or porter.

These are just my guidelines, I tend to drink a lot of water throughout the day anyway, but sometimes the other stuff is more available than water...especially with my less healthy friends entertaining.
  • NicoleMarie0409
    Options
    Wow! Great post. I really need to work on my water intake.
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Even though I have done terrible lately with eating and exercise I have stayed good with the water. I drink at least 8-10 cups a day.
  • DowntimeDesigns
    DowntimeDesigns Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    The trick I use is to always keep a Fiji bottle handy and just keep re-filling it! I average about 3 liters of water while at work (8:30-5) plus a few of those 'flavor sticks' from Arizona or Crystal light after work!

I think you're supposed to drink 1/2 your body weight (in ounces a day). So if you weigh 200lbs, you should drink 100oz's of water a day. I dunno, I'm no doctor, but its worked great for me thus far!
  • jsmjboertlein
    Options

Might want to get your blood sugar checked. Early sign of onset of diabetes is constant thirst. Just sayin'

O thanks. I did pass out lasty week cause I didn't eat breakfast too, so maybe I outa get that checked. But I dont feel thirsty all day if I drink something other than water.