Stomach fat

Options
Reka2011
Reka2011 Posts: 134 Member
Hey all...!! I had a question. I was wondering how long it took you all to see some changes/fat loss around the stomach area, including love handles?? This is my big problem area and I am wondering how long I should anticipate for changes in that area! I know everyone is different but just hearing other peoples success story when it comes to this particular area will help give me some HOPE that it will soon be gone!!! Thanks in advance!! Blessing to all on their lifestyle change journey!!

Replies

• theidarisafa
    Options
    When you lose weight, it's often equally around the body.

So, you can't "spot" reduce body fat in a certain area.

You can do exercises to tone up the muscle in that area and that will make a difference once the fat is gone.

I was once 285, now 228. Still have love handles, but they are going away.

Probably got another 20-30lbs to go to be at a healthier bmi.
  • mamawildbear
    mamawildbear Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I agree, it is beyond your control and everyone is different. I tend to lose most noticeably in my waist then chest but sadly my belly, thighs and hips lag behind. I think that's because that's where I tend to carry my weight being a pear shaped person. Where you tend to carry your weight will be the last place to lose it. And that's just the weigh things are.
  • Anathema13
    Options
    No one likes proverbial answers especially when they hope there's a "real" one out there but everyone really is different. Some people get lucky and lose there first. Some people will lose there dead last. I don't mean to say your body picks and chooses. It will take a percentage from everywhere, but where it "appears" to slim down first will vary depending on your body type. I always look like I lose my stomach first, my butt second and my hips a very long stretch of dead last. My sister is the complete opposite and you couldn't even tell us apart in baby pictures except for our hair color.

You may have already done this but pictures and a tape measure can be huge for measuring success here. While it may seem like you haven't lost much in your stomach at all, you might be surprised to know that you've lost some inches in places you didn't even know! Just keep going and you'll notice things trend down as you go.
  • Connie48
    Connie48 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Belly is always the last to go for me, I lose fat in my legs first...
  • MistyMtnMan
    MistyMtnMan Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    No matter what you hear on tv or infomercials, the only way to lose belly fat is to have very low body fat %. That's about it but obviously you have to have a strict diet and exercise regime.
  • takingbackalison
    Options
    I always notice a huge difference in my upper body first.. Like within the first few weeks. BUT I still have a bit of a stomach and love handles.. They're slowly getting smaller anddd are much smaller than when I first started but thats one of my problem areas too.. I think it all depends on what exercises you're doing like which areas you target most.. Idk. I'm not much help haha
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    I lose 1 inch in my waist every month like clockwork for the past 4 months.
  • cvg1973
    cvg1973 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I noticed the change at 215lb and now I can really see the difference... I am 206lbs.... I has taken me 2yrs to loose 45lbs and see a difference.... You do a great job exercising, I am sure you will start noticing a change soon....
  • mursey
    mursey Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I agree with the person who says you can't really spot-train. You can build up muscles in an area and that will help you look better in that area when you start to lose fat overall but you can't pick where you lose fat, you just lose it all around. Even when I've been at my very leanest, best shape, my belly and love handles were the very last to go and there's always more to "pinch" there than anywhere else, but still I'll be happy that I look better in general. A lot of it has to do with your genetics, but don't give up hope, you will still look a lot better if you keep up the exercise (and definitely add strength training) and diet. I myself do low carb, but that just always works best for me.
  • Dianielle
    Dianielle Posts: 50
    Options
    I agree with i everyone!!! I have the same issue i gain most of my weight in my stomach. I lost 31lbs and lost only 2in in my stomach. So i guess I will be losing that last, but stay calm,relax, and keep working hard!!
  • indycello
    indycello Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I have lost 42 lbs or so and I have still got big ole hips and belly.. :( but, my belly is "lifting" and I am hoping to be away with this "apron" by the end of the year... However I have never known life without this stupid thing sticking off me and I can't wait to see it get off of me!

Oh, and I am losing in my thighs and arms and back
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!