Introducing myself and looking for support

Options
I am new to asking for support from others. I have always said that if I wanted to do it I could. Well, that does not seem to hold true anymore. I am 5' 1" and 246 lbs. After failing at every one of my own attempts thus far, I think it is time to enlist others to help. I am beginning the long road of trying to lose over 100 lbs. (Ugh, typing it out like that makes me want to cry. ) I am hoping to meet some new friends on here that will help me and that I can offer assistance to. Please feel free to friend me...I would love to have people to share the pain and struggle I am going through. It is extremely hard to share this with the friends I have at work because with the exception of one person, not one of the people that are dieting, exercising and trying to offer advice have ever been more than 30 lbs overweight. I never understood how hard it is to bounce back from here until I got here. I am trying to have a positive outlook on my future and I am positive there won't be much of one unless I get myself healthy. I look forward to hearing from all!

Replies

• Fairymom81
    Options
    Hi I have alot of weight to lose myself! Feel free to add me!
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I, too, have failed everything---but now I am on an amazing program that has finally kept me from failing and has been very successful at it.

Just remember how much you need this for your future, your health. Don't just do it to "look good." You need to do it for your overall health. Commit to this and you will succeed.

Good luck to ya.
  • K3LLYSU3
    K3LLYSU3 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    You have come to the right place, there are a lot of great people out there willing to help you on this journey. Good luck. If you want you can friend me. Kelly
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and congratulations on taking this first step. There is actually a group of people who started a thread for those looking to lose 100 lbs. or more. Just use the Search function to find the forum thread. Good luck to you; you can do it!
  • fooja
    fooja Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Hi, you can add me if you need friends!! I weigh about the same as you and need to lose a bunch too, and its very hard, but im doing good so far! keep up the good work......melissa
  • Atleast40
    Atleast40 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!!
    You have made a good move deciding to join MFP. I find the community on here very supportive and informative. And the tools that are provided here are pretty awesome too (even when they are not working correctly sometimes). You and I seem to be of close age, height and starting weight. I wish you the best. I know that you can do it. Just don't give up if the progress is slow, be persistent. :smile:
  • ltowne
    ltowne Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have about 30 pounds to lose, but I truly understand your problem. I can talk myself into justifying everything I eat. Tomorrow is always a new day to begin. On January 1st, I quit procrastinating and started with MFP and exercise. I have lost 10 pounds and feel much better. Remember.....NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS BEING THIN FEELS! Give your family a gift...a healthy you! Feel free to add me to your friends. :flowerforyou:
  • daddyratty
    daddyratty Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    You're in the right place. And you have unfortunately found something with your colleagues at work, and that is that most people don't know what it is really like to be morbidly obese. Someone asked me about it in our lounge the other day and asked how much weight I planned on still losing, and I shared that I had 77 pounds to go, and the gasps in the room were palpable. I wanted to say "do you have any idea how much I weigh?" Instead I'll just keep my head down, do what I know is best for me, and let the results speak for themselves. They'll see. Eventually.