Applebee's?

Options
My old roommate and I are meeting up for dinner tomorrow night and she wants to go to Applebee's. I'm looking at the nutritional information, but I was curious if any of you have been there recently, and if so, what did you order? It find it hard to eat out now because the healthiest choice is usually salad. I have a very strong dislike for salad.

Replies

• sarglava
    sarglava Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Their salads are probably covered in cheese and crunchy fried things = not at all healthy.
    If you get like a piece of grill chicken or a small grilled steak and sub. steamed veggies for a baked potato or rice (or whatever they serve things with.) And I'm sure if you don't see something on the menu you can ask them to just cook a plain piece of meat for you instead of buttering/frying/saucing it up.
    Good luck!
  • BuckeyeLuvvvva
    BuckeyeLuvvvva Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Last time I was there i got the Grilled Dijon Chicken & Portobello's (sans Portobello's because I think mushrooms are gross). It was very good! And 450 calories so a little more than I'm used to eating in one sitting... but I planned for it and it worked out just fine. Good luck!!
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    550 calorie meal with some sort of meat with a light sauce and garlic shrimp ... yummy yummy!
  • DancingFox
    DancingFox Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Last I saw Applebees actually has a nice little menu of 'under 500 calorie meals'. And they're supposedly pretty yummy!
  • pjsma11498
    pjsma11498 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    They have a ton of sensible options. I usually get the Asiago Peppercorn steak. It comes with mixed veggies and the whole meal is less than 550 calories. Very yummy too! They have a couple of chicken dishes that are good for you. By the way, their salads have more calories than most of the meals. Be careful there.
  • juuniper77
    juuniper77 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I was just there today and got one of the under 550 cal meals (I think mfp said it was 508), the asiago steak! was very good and filling.
  • adjones_21
    adjones_21 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    They have 550 calorie meals on their menu. I havent been in a while but I am sure that they are good.
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    A Skinny Bee Mojito :)
    I know it's not real food but it is delishhh!
  • NoExcuseTina
    NoExcuseTina Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    steak with shrimp from the 550 menu...I substituted extra veggies for the potatoes...YUMMY!!!!!!!

4692665.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    Applebee's has both their under 550 calorie menu and assorted Weight Watchers approved meals scattered throughout their menu as well.

The Under 550 Calorie items are pretty crazy high in sodium, the WW ones aren't as bad, but they're still high (like anything you'd get in a place like Applebee's)

Between me, my hubby, my sister and BIL, we've pretty much had them all and they're all good. Just choose the one that you think sounds the best to you and you'll probably be fine.

Also, they have the nutritional guides on every table in the restaurant, so you can double check anything while you're there.
  • pbxr
    pbxr Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Applebee's now has a wonderful set of menu items that are 550 calories and under. I've had all of them (I travel a lot with work) & the only one I'd steer clear of? The salad. :happy: A couple of the shrimp dishes are pretty spicy, but they sure are tasty! I was so impressed with their selections that I talked to the manager about how much I, as someone watching their caloric intake, appreciated the variety. They even added 2-3 more menu items to the 550 & under selections in the last few months.

Look for the green apple with the "550" on it. You should have no problem ~ Enjoy!
  • destoni85
    destoni85 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Applebee's is AWESEOME. When I visit my boyfriend (he lives 200 miles away ): we usually go out to Applebee's for lunch. There's 5 meal on their "Under 550 Calorie" menu... And I looked it up, the meal with the highest calories (the steak and shrimp) only has 500 calories. They are a good portion, too. And don't forget to look at their weight watcher's menu. There's a couple meals there that are in the 300 to 400 calorie range... And their website has a complete nutritional listing.

Oh and yea, the salads are some of the worst things on there. lol
  • Dianielle
    Dianielle Posts: 50
    Options
    They do have under 500 calorie meals, plenty to choose from, but if you are only worried about calories, you will be fine but the sodium is still very high!! so make good choices, and you will be fine.
  • Crystals422
    Crystals422 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Have you looked at the sodium for the WW meals as well as the under 500 meals? It is insane, one of them have 4,000! That is twice your daily intake. I would look at the nutrition facts and pick the one with the lowest sodium and calories.
  • KrystalLight03
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone! I think I'm going to go with the asiago peppercorn steak (I probably should have mentioned my shrimp phobia...don't ask :laugh: ). I might actually go with something on the kid's menu if they don't have an age limit on it...at 5'9" I can't exactly pretend to be 10 anymore!
  • spacecase76
    spacecase76 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    i am a sucker for Applebees, and don't know why, lol...

Last time I had chicken terayaki. it was on the "550 cals or less" menu & I enjoyed it.
  • MakingAChoice
    MakingAChoice Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    They have a ton of sensible options. I usually get the Asiago Peppercorn steak. It comes with mixed veggies and the whole meal is less than 550 calories. Very yummy too! They have a couple of chicken dishes that are good for you. By the way, their salads have more calories than most of the meals. Be careful there.

I had this recently I had them hold the cheese, but it was tasty. This meal is even under 500 calories. The 550 calorie menu has some good calorie choices, but they are all pretty high in sodium. The Asiago Peppercorn steak was the lowest sodium one if I remember right.